Poor performance select query with jdbc

vinisman vinisman

Poor performance select query with jdbc

Hi all!
I am testing sql performance with apache ignite 1.6.
I have a data array with 12 million of rows in one table and a guery like this:
select count(1), f1,f2 from table1 where f3=? group by f1,f2
Cache configuration:
cacheCfg.setMemoryMode(CacheMemoryMode.OFFHEAP_TIERED);
cacheCfg.setCacheMode(CacheMode.PARTITIONED);
cacheCfg.setAtomicityMode(CacheAtomicityMode.ATOMIC);
cacheCfg.setOffHeapMaxMemory(0);
cacheCfg.setBackups(0);
cacheCfg.setStartSize(10  1024  1024);

Also there is an index for field f3.

Such kind of request runs on one server with 10 nodes total 12 cpu and 5Gb each heap. Total 50Gb.
Result time for this query about 19 seconds while the same query run on Oracle (optimized table)  about 12 seconds.
I used also ONHEAP_TIERED memory mode - result is a little better (12-13 seconds).
Are there any ways to accelerate the result run time for this ?
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Poor performance select query with jdbc

Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the user list (this way we will not have to
manually approve your emails). All you need to do is send an email to ì
user-subscribe@ignite.apache.orgî and follow simple instructions in the
reply.

In regards to your question try to increase CacheConfiguration.setSqlOnheapRowCacheSize. It should enhance performance on your side.