Persistent storage with Ignite C++

Graham Bull Graham Bull

Persistent storage with Ignite C++

We'd like to use Ignite with persistent storage. However, I'm not sure if our scenario is feasible.

We'll be using Ignite C++. From the documentation it seems as though this provides a limited subset of the full Java version. There's no compute functionality, but that's coming soon. But more importantly (for us) there's no persistent storage functionality.

I understand that Ignite C++ can cluster with Ignite Java. If that's indeed the case, and the Java instances are able to persist the data they contain, then what happens to the data on the C++ instances? Will it be persisted, or will it be lost when the C++ instances are shut down?

The thinking was that initially we'd have a cluster consisting of one C++ instance and one or more Java instances. And later on, once compute functionality is available, we'd move everything to C++.

Thanks in advance,

Graham
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Persistent storage with Ignite C++

Hi Graham,

You can specify a Java-based implementation of a persistent storage in Spring XML configuration of Ignite and start a C++ node with this configuration. After that the data that is stored on C++ node should be persisted as well.

Igor Sapego, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Denis

On Jun 2, 2016, at 1:38 PM, Graham Bull <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Igor Sapego Igor Sapego

Graham Bull Graham Bull

Graham Bull Graham Bull

Re: Persistent storage with Ignite C++

Hi Denis/Igor,

I can confirm that I've managed to get this working :)

I've got a C++ program running just fine. It uses Ignite C++ with a CacheStoreAdapter-derived Java class that implements persistent storage (MongoDB in this case, but easily replaceable).

Thanks for your help,

Graham

Denis Magda Denis Magda