Partition loss due to node segmentation

akash shinde akash shinde

Partition loss due to node segmentation

Hi,
 Are there any possibilities of partition loss in case of node segmentation?

Thanks,
Akash
GB GB

Re: Partition loss due to node segmentation

Hello Akash,

Yes of course. As cluster is segmented, it is very well possible that cluster segment doesn't have all partitions in that segment.
If you have backup partitions in the same segment, then only you have complete partitions.

Best Regards,
Gaurav

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 7:20 AM Akash Shinde <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
 Are there any possibilities of partition loss in case of node segmentation?

Thanks,
Akash
akash shinde akash shinde

Re: Partition loss due to node segmentation

Looks like I have not asked the correct question. Let me correct my question.

If the cluster is segmented and 2 or more nodes out of total 5 nodes are thrown out of cluster then the data is lost (back up is set to 1).

Now my question is  does ignite fire the event "EVT_CACHE_REBALANCE_PART_DATA_LOST" in this case or partition lost due to segmentation?
I am trying to implement recovery/fallback mechanism in case of partition lost due to any reason. Using this event I am reloading the lost partitions.

Thanks,
A.

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 1:07 PM Gaurav Bajaj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Akash,

Yes of course. As cluster is segmented, it is very well possible that cluster segment doesn't have all partitions in that segment.
If you have backup partitions in the same segment, then only you have complete partitions.

Best Regards,
Gaurav

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 7:20 AM Akash Shinde <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
 Are there any possibilities of partition loss in case of node segmentation?

Thanks,
Akash

Re: Partition loss due to node segmentation

Akash,

Network segmentation is one of the causes of the partition loss. The latter can also be triggered if two or more nodes go down at the same time.

This page explains how to process the partition loss events and available remediation techniques:

-
Denis