POJO field having wrapper type, mapped to cassandra table are getting initialized to respective default value of primitive type instead of null if column value is null.

kotamrajuyashasvi kotamrajuyashasvi

POJO field having wrapper type, mapped to cassandra table are getting initialized to respective default value of primitive type instead of null if column value is null.

Hi

I'm using ignite with cassandra as persistent store. I have a POJO class mapped to cassandra table. I have used KeyValuePersistenceSettings xml bean to map POJO to cassandra table. In the POJO one of the fields is Integer (wrapper class) mapped to int column in cassandra table. When I load any row having this int field as null in cassandra, I'm getting that respective field in POJO as 0, which is default value of primitive type int. How can I get that field as null when the actual column field is null in cassandra, since Integer is an object type it can be null.

I found a work around by using custom class extending CacheStoreAdapter and using this class in cache configuration in cacheStoreFactory property,instead of using KeyValuePersistenceSettings xml bean. This class overrides load,write and delete methods. In load method I connect to cassandra database using Datastax driver, and load respective row depending upon the key passed as parameter to load, and then create a new POJO whose fields are set to the fields of row returned from cassandra and return the POJO. During this process I make a check if the int field that I mentioned above is null in cassandra by using Row.isNull method of Datastaxdriver and if its not null only then I set POJO field to the field value returned from cassandra, else it will remain as null.

Is there any other way, using KeyValuePersistenceSettings xml bean, where I could retain null value of cassandra table field for primitive types mapped to wrapper classes in POJO in ignite?