NullPointerException while cluster startup

swattal swattal

NullPointerException while cluster startup

Hi,

We have started to use Ignite 2.7.6 internally and are validating it to be
used in production. We have started deploying it on internal clusters and we
are seeing NPE during the cluster startup. The
CacheContinuousQueryManager.registerListener is throwing NPE. I was digging
into the code internally and my guess at this point is that the instance of
GridCacheContext is null. I suspect that the
CacheContinuousQueryHandler.cacheContext() is returning back null while
getting GridCacheContext from ctxMap in GridCacheSharedContext. I don't have
the entire code flow figured out to debug more and am at loss on what could
be happening and would expect some direction or how to overcome this issue.
We are using ZooKeeper for discovery and are passing all CacheConfiguration
instances to IgniteConfiguration while starting up the IgniteKernel.

2020-03-07 05:14:27.098 24917 [sys-#127%siri_cache_grid%] () () ERROR
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.continuous.GridContinuousProcessor -
Failed to register continuous routine handler
[routineId=3c1367fd-3a2d-4b10-bf15-6eeaf6a550fd,
srcNodeId=83e16b42-2269-4021-b678-c39861712295]
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.query.continuous.CacheContinuousQueryManager.registerListener(CacheContinuousQueryManager.java:926)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.query.continuous.CacheContinuousQueryHandler.register(CacheContinuousQueryHandler.java:593)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.continuous.GridContinuousProcessor.registerHandler(GridContinuousProcessor.java:1773)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.continuous.GridContinuousProcessor.access$5400(GridContinuousProcessor.java:111)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.continuous.GridContinuousProcessor$10.run(GridContinuousProcessor.java:1551)
        at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
        at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)

Mikhail Mikhail

Re: NullPointerException while cluster startup

Hello,

Looks like it was fixed in GridGain Community edition:
https://www.gridgain.com/resources/download

Could you please verify 8.7.12 release? I bet I've found a required fix by
it wasn't donated to apache yet, as soon as you confirm that 8.7.12 works
fine I'll create a ticket to donate fix to Apache Ignite.

Thanks,
Mike.

Mikhail Mikhail

Re: NullPointerException while cluster startup

Hi Sumit,

Did you have a chance to very the build by the link I sent to you?

Might be you can share a reproducer so I can verify it my own?

Thanks,
Mike.

пн, 9 мар. 2020 г. в 09:26, Mikhail <[hidden email]>:
Hello,

Looks like it was fixed in GridGain Community edition:
https://www.gridgain.com/resources/download

Could you please verify 8.7.12 release? I bet I've found a required fix by
it wasn't donated to apache yet, as soon as you confirm that 8.7.12 works
fine I'll create a ticket to donate fix to Apache Ignite.

Thanks,
Mike.

swattal swattal

Re: NullPointerException while cluster startup

Hi Mike,

The problem is intermittent and doesn't always show up. I haven't given a
shot to your suggestion and am looking into how i test the internally on a
largish cluster. For now, i have stopped registering the CacheEntryListener.

I will keep this thread updated.

Sumit