Near cache synchronization

rom_we rom_we

Near cache synchronization

Hello,
I'm exploring ignite as a distributed in memory cache.
The cache configuration contains a dedicated with ignite server nodes
(partitioned)  and application bootstrapping as a client with near cache.

I would like to better understand the implications of running ignite near
cache in my application regarding network overload. I know near cache is
automatically synchronized with remote server cache
1. Does it mean client nodes register to all servers events in order to
invalid cache entry ? register only to
   relevant primary partition nodes ?
2. Invalidation of entry is done eagerly or check remote cache for each
get() operation ?

I would appreciate if you could also refer me to more detailed near cache
documentation, I only found high level description of it.

Re: Near cache synchronization

Hello!

1. Normally, all server nodes has some primary partitions. So client node will be getting updates from all servers.
2. It is done eagerly in case FULL_SYNC mode is used for cache. If PRIMARY_SYNC is used it will happen somewhere in the future after the operation is complete.