Native persistence - No space left on device error

facundo.maldonado facundo.maldonado

Native persistence - No space left on device error

What is the expected behavior of native persistence when there is no more
space on disk?

I'm getting this error when I reach the max size of the mounted volume
(storage, not wal):
*class org.apache.ignite.IgniteCheckedException: No space left on device*

I assumed, that when there is no more space for allocating pages, it removes
the older ones. I may be wrong, confusing this with expiry.

Re: Native persistence - No space left on device error

Hello!

When you run out of disk space, the Ignite node will stop functioning normally, and your underlying PDS storage may become corrupted as well.

Thus it is recommended to avoid running out of disk space. This is not in any means a normal mode of operation of Apache Ignite.