Quantcast

Monitoring Cache - Data counters, Cache Data Size

sujay_kb@ymail.com sujay_kb@ymail.com

Monitoring Cache - Data counters, Cache Data Size

Does Ignite have any api's/classes for fetching the details like:

 - Data counter
 - Cache Data Size
 - Backup Size on Nodes

Thanks,
Sujay

Re: Monitoring Cache - Data counters, Cache Data Size

Hi Sujay,

Ignite provides different cache metrics via IgniteCache.metrics() method. All these metrics are also exposed to Mbeans.

Let us know if this helps.

-Val
sujay_kb@ymail.com sujay_kb@ymail.com

Re: Monitoring Cache - Data counters, Cache Data Size

This post was updated on .
Thanks Val, Let me checkout this option .. I believe this will be node specific details?

One more question:
I am trying use REST api's for fetching cache details, is there any proper steps to setup or use this feature

I was looking below addons -- they have limited documentation
https://ignite.apache.org/addons.html#aiex

Re: Monitoring Cache - Data counters, Cache Data Size

Sujay,

Currently metrics() method returns only local metrics, but there is also metrics(ClusterGroup) which can be used to fetch cluster wide metrics or metrics for any subset of nodes.

For REST documentation, see [1]. But note that only basic metrics are supported there.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/rest-api#cache-metrics

-Val
sujay_kb@ymail.com sujay_kb@ymail.com

Re: Monitoring Cache - Data counters, Cache Data Size

Thanks Val, It was helpful
bintisepaha bintisepaha

Re: Monitoring Cache - Data counters, Cache Data Size

Is there any plan to expose cluster wise metrics on JMX?
for e.g. for a distributed cache, I would like to know the Size for all nodes combined via JMX.

Thanks,
Binti

Re: Monitoring Cache - Data counters, Cache Data Size

Binti,

These metrics are exposed via CacheClusterMetricsMXBeanImpl.

-Val
bintisepaha bintisepaha

Re: Monitoring Cache - Data counters, Cache Data Size

Hi Val,

I saw that MBean, but it reports the same number as the Local MBean. and if I go on each node, the CacheCluster and CacheLocal Cache size matches. I do not see a sum total across all nodes.

Thanks,
Binti