Mixing Java major versions on client/server

mike-griggs mike-griggs

Mixing Java major versions on client/server

Is it not possible to have a lower Java major version on the client than is being used to run a server node?  So, say, a Java 1.8 server cannot be connected to by a Java 1.7 client?  If this is in the documentation (I've never seen it) then it needs to be in a much bigger font.

Re: Mixing Java major versions on client/server

endian675 wrote
Is it not possible to have a lower Java major version on the client than is being used to run a server node?  So, say, a Java 1.8 server cannot be connected to by a Java 1.7 client?  If this is in the documentation (I've never seen it) then it needs to be in a much bigger font.
That's true, right now the exception is thrown if nodes with different major Java versions are trying to join topology. I will check the documentation and add a note if it's not there yet.

Thanks for pointing this out!

-Val