Messages being Missed on Node Start

zork zork

Messages being Missed on Node Start

Hi Ignite experts,

I am facing an issue where some messages sent to a node are sometimes missed
when the node just joins the cluster.

On some debugging, I found that this is because as soon as the node joins
the cluster, the sender node receives a NODE_JOINED event for that receiver
node and it starts sending messages to it, however, the receiver has still
not started listening to those topics which are being received.

Keeping this use case in mind, can someone help answer these please:
1. Can a node register to listen for specific topics before it joins the
cluster?
2. If the above is not possible what would be a good way to achieve this so
that the node that just joined does not miss any messages?

akorensh akorensh

Re: Messages being Missed on Node Start

zork zork

Re: Messages being Missed on Node Start

Thanks akorensh,
As advised I'm trying to send a user-defined event from the receiving node
when it becomes ready to accept messages and listening to this event on the
sending node to wait until the receiver is ready.

However, the node that I'm trying to send a user-defined event from is a
.net node.
I have a few questions, but first would like to inquire if it is even
possible to send such an event from a .net node because I'm getting
Ignite-1410 exception when I try to do so. And I can see that IGNITE-1410 is
still open.

zork zork

Re: Messages being Missed on Node Start

Hi,
Can anyone provide an input on this please?