Master-Worker Pattern Possible In Ignite?

Sean Winship Sean Winship

Master-Worker Pattern Possible In Ignite?

I've used GigaSpaces in the past and I'd like to know if I can use Ignite in a similar fashion. Specifically, I need to implement a master-worker pattern where one set of process writes objects to the in-memory data grid and another set reads those objects, does some processing, and possibly writes results back to the grid. One important GigaSpaces/JavaSpaces feature I need is leasing. If I write an object to the grid and it isn't picked up within a certain time period, it should automatically expire and I should get some kind of notification.

Ideally this system should be resilient to failure of one or more nodes.

Is Apache Ignite a good match for this use case?

Thanks,

Sean

dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Sean Winship Sean Winship

Re: Master-Worker Pattern Possible In Ignite?

Thanks, that was very helpful.

Sean

Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 9:27 AM
From: "Dmitriy Setrakyan" <[hidden email]>
To: user <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Master-Worker Pattern Possible In Ignite?
This question has already been answered here:

D.