Loosing cache data when persistence is enabled

BEELA GAYATRI BEELA GAYATRI

Loosing cache data when persistence is enabled

Dear Team,

  We are using apache-ignite-2.7.0 version  with 4  worker nodes with 2 servers ( configured 2 nodes in each server) with persistenceEnabled true with zero backups for the cache . When the  nodes are restated the data is being lost in few nodes and this behavior is not consistent.

Some times after nodes restart all the data is being restored , after that again if we restart the nodes  data lost in few nodes. Some times  even after one time restart of the nodes  also the data is lost in few nodes.

Kindly provide us the solution why the data is lost even though persistenceEnabled is true and what needs to be done for  not to loose data when node restart/node is down

FYI The  ignite configuration and ignite log attached

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

ignite-worker-config.xml (37K) Download Attachment
ignite-364d3a85.0.log (311K) Download Attachment
VincentCE VincentCE

Re: Loosing cache data when persistence is enabled

Hi Beela,

could the root cause be that you had changes in your baseline topology when
you saw the data loss? According to my understanding and the answer I got on
my question
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Ignite-persistence-Data-of-node-is-lost-after-being-excluded-from-baseline-topology-td34675.html
some weeks ago the data of nodes that got excluded from the baseline
topology will be deleted for consistency reasons.

This is just an immediate guess from my side, I did not have a look into
your attachments so far.

Best,
Vincent

BEELA GAYATRI BEELA GAYATRI

RE: Loosing cache data when persistence is enabled

Hi,

  The nodes are  not getting  out of  Baseline topology. They are showing offline , after restart of the nodes data is getting deleted from persistence folders(some time data not getting deleted and some times getting deleted). PFA web console

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Screenshot (46).png (110K) Download Attachment
Zhenya Stanilovsky Zhenya Stanilovsky

RE: Loosing cache data when persistence is enabled

If nodes are partially offline and still in baseline, as was mentioned earlier — you really can loose your data
check for example :

if all nodes are online you can`t obtain such case, i hope.