Looking for feedback on the Ignite 3.0.0 Alpha

Looking for feedback on the Ignite 3.0.0 Alpha

Igniters,

I'm excited to announce that the first alpha build of the Ignite 3 is out and available for download!

Ignite 3 is the new project that was initiated by the Ignite community last year. Please refer to this page if you want to learn more: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+3.0

The just-released alpha build is a sneak peek into the future of Ignite. It doesn't represent a fully-functional product (no discovery, caches, compute, etc.), but demonstrates major mechanics of how you will interact with Ignite going forward.

The main goal of the release is to gather feedback from the community so that we can adjust further development if needed. That said, I would ask and encourage everyone to go through the Getting Started Guide [1] and play with the build. If you have any questions, issues, concerns, wishes, requests, or any other thoughts, please reply directly to this thread. We will carefully accumulate all the feedback and make sure it is considered going forward.

Another opportunity to share your feedback will come closer to the end of January when we will have a virtual meetup. I will present a quick demo of the alpha build, after which we will have an open discussion. Please stay tuned - I will send a message here when the meetup is scheduled.

-Val
Wesley Peng-4 Wesley Peng-4

Re: Looking for feedback on the Ignite 3.0.0 Alpha

When will the stable version of 3.0 get released? thanks.

Valentin Kulichenko wrote:

> I'm excited to announce that the first alpha build of the Ignite 3 is
> out and available for download!
>
> Ignite 3 is the new project that was initiated by the Ignite community
> last year. Please refer to this page if you want to learn more:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+3.0
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+3.0>
>
> The just-released alpha build is a sneak peek into the future of Ignite.
> It doesn't represent a fully-functional product (no discovery, caches,
> compute, etc.), but demonstrates major mechanics of how you will
> interact with Ignite going forward.
stephendarlington stephendarlington

ptupitsyn ptupitsyn

Kseniya Romanova Kseniya Romanova

sri hari kali charan Tummala sri hari kali charan Tummala

Re: Looking for feedback on the Ignite 3.0.0 Alpha

Sure few steps are missing.

Creating a ignite cluster is missing (example 3 ec2 instances)
Creating a ignite cluster on Aws would be nice step to add

Thanks
Sri

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 at 04:14, Kseniya Romanova <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks & Regards
Sri Tummala

Re: Looking for feedback on the Ignite 3.0.0 Alpha

Hi Wesley,

This is quite a long-term project, so it's hard to have exact predictions - it all depends on how fast the code is contributed. But based on the scope, I think we're looking towards around the end of this year - early next year.

-Val

Valentin Kulichenko wrote:
> I'm excited to announce that the first alpha build of the Ignite 3 is
> out and available for download!
>
> Ignite 3 is the new project that was initiated by the Ignite community
> last year. Please refer to this page if you want to learn more:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+3.0
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+3.0>
>
> The just-released alpha build is a sneak peek into the future of Ignite.
> It doesn't represent a fully-functional product (no discovery, caches,
> compute, etc.), but demonstrates major mechanics of how you will
> interact with Ignite going forward.

sri hari kali charan Tummala sri hari kali charan Tummala

Re: Looking for feedback on the Ignite 3.0.0 Alpha

Ok thanks , but I am looking forward for the Aws steps.

--
Thanks & Regards
Sri Tummala