Load Data with Streamer

narges saleh narges saleh

Load Data with Streamer

Hi All,

I have two questions regarding loading data with the streamer, with non ignite client.

1) Is there a REST/HTTP counterpart for the TCP socket streamer, meaning the client sending the data to the streamer via HTTP POST?
2) I am trying to play with ignite's TCP socket streamer example, but the client node stops with the message "Ignite node stopped" -- It hits the finally clause after the socket streamer is started. Any idea what could be wrong?

thanks.

Saikat Maitra Saikat Maitra

Re: Load Data with Streamer

Hi,

Thank you for your email and using DataStreamer.

1. Yes, there are rest endpoints available to send data in Ignite cache. Here is the docs for the same https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/rest-api
2. As per the docs as mentioned below, can you please confirm if you have few nodes running using ExampleNodeStartup?

* To start the example, you should:
* <ul>
* <li>Start a few nodes using {@link ExampleNodeStartup}.</li>
* <li>Start socket server using {@link WordsSocketStreamerServer}.</li>
* <li>Start a few socket clients using {@link WordsSocketStreamerClient}.</li>
* <li>Start querying popular words using {@link QueryWords}.</li>
* </ul>
Regards,
Saikat

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 2:33 PM narges saleh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have two questions regarding loading data with the streamer, with non ignite client.

1) Is there a REST/HTTP counterpart for the TCP socket streamer, meaning the client sending the data to the streamer via HTTP POST?
2) I am trying to play with ignite's TCP socket streamer example, but the client node stops with the message "Ignite node stopped" -- It hits the finally clause after the socket streamer is started. Any idea what could be wrong?

thanks.

narges saleh narges saleh

Re: Load Data with Streamer

Thanks Saikat for the reply.

1) Rest API: how does the streamer listen to the REST requests? Is there an example? Or do I just enable streaming an option (e.g., the way you do it with JDBC/SQL)? Sorry if this is a trivial question. Another question(unrelated to the topic of data load via streamers): is it possible to use Ignite's rest API to call an ignite service method (via a service proxy? If yes, is there an example?
2) I started anywhere from 2 to 4 ExampleNodeStartup nodes (different tries), but still got the "ignite node stopped" message.

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 12:04 PM Saikat Maitra <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

1. The rest api is separate interface to load data in cache. I do not think we have rest endpoint to call ignite service method, can you share an example of which service method you want to call using rest api. You can check the rest api docs to learn more about rest apis supported functionality.

2. Can you see if any active node running, all the nodes will log cluster health information and number of servers running etc

Regards,
Saikat

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 3:21 PM narges saleh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

narges saleh narges saleh

Re: Load Data with Streamer

Hello Saikat,
1) Any service method; say I have an affinity based deployed service with a method that  aggregates the balances for each customer based on their location.
   Also, I take it that it is not possible to have rest API/streamer producer/consumer arrangement as you would have in tcp socket connection between the client data producer and streamer data consumer, right?
2)Yes the nodes report number of servers=4 and clients=1 and but then the number of clients goes to 0 when the streamer node stops (but the number of servers stays at 4).
thanks.

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 6:56 PM Saikat Maitra <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

1. If you define schema for your dataset then you should be able to execute qry to get the desired resultset. Please take a look into Valentin Kulichenko's webinar related to using jdbc thin client and getting resultset. You can execute similar qry using rest api. Alternatively, you can also use rest api to Execute command to perform any task in the Ignite grid.

2. If I understand correctly the topology for the grid, we have 4 ignite servers and 1 Data streamer client which is pushing the data to Ignite cluster. If the Ignite Data Streamer client is stopped in finally clause then where do you receive the "Ignite node stopped message".

Also, can you please share if this is a INFO message or ERROR message?

Regards,
Saikat

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 8:23 PM narges saleh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

narges saleh narges saleh

Re: Load Data with Streamer

Thanks Saikat for the reply.

1) I will check out the webinar. thanks.
2) The socket streamer server code goes to the finally clause right after the socket streamer is starts. The screen snapshot with 2 servers and one client is here.

image.png

narges saleh narges saleh

Saikat Maitra Saikat Maitra

Re: Load Data with Streamer

Hi,

I tried to reproduce the issue in local in debug mode and I can see that after sockStmr.start(); the WordsSocketStreamerServer node is getting stopped.

I do not see any exception in console and I think it stopped gracefully.

We will need to debug further why it is getting stopped and not listening to port 5555 for client messages.

Regards,
Saikat

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 5:48 AM narges saleh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

narges saleh narges saleh

narges saleh narges saleh

Re: Load Data with Streamer

Hi All,
Can someone please provide a concrete answer whether it is possible to load data via the streamer using the REST API? If yes, can you please provide an example? I have searched and watched webinars and so far have not been to find an answer/example.

Can also provide a working example of using ignite's socket streamer for loading data? The one that comes with ignite source does not work for me.

Do I need to write my own tcp socket or http listener to accept the data from the client and load the cache with ignite data streamer interface?

thanks.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 4:36 AM narges saleh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

narges saleh narges saleh

Re: Load Data with Streamer

Hi All,
The issue with socket streamer example is resolved (the try clause was closing the cache).
I'd appreciate the answer to the question regarding rest API and ignite streamer.

thanks.

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 4:03 PM narges saleh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I think rest api interface and streamer interface are separate interfaces where streamer interface is built for high performant data loading capabilities and rest interface is built for easily access the cache, run task or run sql queries.

I could not clearly understand the design of the application like how are you planning to use streamer using REST api. If you have a design docs then we can review and share feedback.

Regards,
Saikat

narges saleh narges saleh