Limit ignite-rest-http threads

ashishb888 ashishb888

Limit ignite-rest-http threads

Before adding ignite-rest-http to the application my thread count was around
65

ashish@LAPTOP-0CGC34A5:~$ top -H -p 1468
top - 20:41:37 up 19:10,  0 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.16, 0.15
Threads:  64 total,   0 running,  64 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie

After adding ignite-rest-http to the application it went to around 85
threads

ashish@LAPTOP-0CGC34A5:~$ top -H -p 1545
top - 20:43:32 up 19:12,  0 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.17, 0.15
Threads:  85 total,   0 running,  85 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie

I tried below but no help
*igniteConfiguration.getConnectorConfiguration().setThreadPoolSize(2);*

BR,
Ashish

Vladimir Pligin Vladimir Pligin

Re: Limit ignite-rest-http threads

Hi Ashish,

Yes, it works that way because Ignite launches Jetty server under the hood
to handle HTTP requests.
Could you please clarify what concerns you exactly? In general a number of
threads doesn't indicate anything "bad" or "good".

ashishb888 ashishb888

Re: Limit ignite-rest-http threads

Hi Vladimir,

I want to limit those threads. I want to control the threads size for
ignite-rest-http.

BR,
Ashish

ashishb888 ashishb888

Re: Limit ignite-rest-http threads

Hello!

I guess you can supply your own jetty XML configuration (in ClientConnectorConfiguration) and there you can limit # of its threads.

Please refer to Jetty's docs.