JUL logging problem

Mikael Mikael

JUL logging problem

Hi!

I must have done some silly mistake but I can't figure it out.

All standard Ignite logging using JUL, standard
java.util.logging.properties.

I create a logger in my own code Logger log = Logger.getLogger( "......");

When I use that logger even with warning or severe I never get any
output to the console, everything is logged ok to the files but nothing
on the console, but if I set IGNITE_QUIET=false, then it starts logging
to console also, but IGNITE_QUIET=true should only disable INFO and
DEBUG as far as I understand.

Any idea what I could have messed up ?

Mikael

Re: JUL logging problem

Hello!

When ignite is in verbose mode, it adds IGNITE_CONSOLE_APPENDER implicltly.
You probably don't have any appenders to console set up, hence you can't see anything.

сб, 5 окт. 2019 г. в 13:49, Mikael <[hidden email]>:
Hi!

I must have done some silly mistake but I can't figure it out.

All standard Ignite logging using JUL, standard
java.util.logging.properties.

I create a logger in my own code Logger log = Logger.getLogger( "......");

When I use that logger even with warning or severe I never get any
output to the console, everything is logged ok to the files but nothing
on the console, but if I set IGNITE_QUIET=false, then it starts logging
to console also, but IGNITE_QUIET=true should only disable INFO and
DEBUG as far as I understand.

Any idea what I could have messed up ?

Mikael

Mikael Mikael

Re: JUL logging problem

Hi again!

It is a bit weird, I use the standard Ignite property file and it say:

handlers=java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler, org.apache.ignite.logger.java.JavaLoggerFileHandler

I cannot see that there should be any reason for there to not be two handlers (it does use the property file, I tried to change the name of the log file and it started to log to that file instead), but here comes the weird part:

I create my logger with Logger = Logger.getLogger("......");

And then I do logger.getParent().getHandlers() and the returned list only have one handler, the JavaLoggerFilehandler, the console handler is gone, it looks like Ignite removes the Console handler when IGNITE_QUIET=true, or could I be doing something else wrong ?

Mikael