JDK15 support

wiesenfe wiesenfe

JDK15 support

This post was updated on .
Good afternoon,

I am trying to start Apache Ignite with persistence enabled on a given data
region.
(Using the example from the doc)
It works fine with JDK13 and does not work with JDK15: Is there a
compatibility issue and if yes, do you know when will Ignite be fully
compatible with this version of the JDK ?

Regards,
Emmanuel

I get the following stack trace:

SEVERE: Got exception while starting (will rollback startup routine).
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Object, Object[])" because "org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.wal.filehandle.FileWriteHandleImpl.mappingOffset" is null
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.wal.filehandle.FileWriteHandleImpl.fsync(FileWriteHandleImpl.java:449)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.wal.filehandle.FileWriteHandleImpl.fsync(FileWriteHandleImpl.java:418)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.wal.filehandle.FileHandleManagerImpl.flush(FileHandleManagerImpl.java:269)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.wal.FileWriteAheadLogManager.flush(FileWriteAheadLogManager.java:934)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.GridCacheDatabaseSharedManager.tailPointer(GridCacheDatabaseSharedManager.java:1968)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.GridCacheDatabaseSharedManager.startMemoryRestore(GridCacheDatabaseSharedManager.java:1908)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.start(IgniteKernal.java:1299)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx$IgniteNamedInstance.start0(IgnitionEx.java:2112)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx$IgniteNamedInstance.start(IgnitionEx.java:1758)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx.start0(IgnitionEx.java:1143)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx.start(IgnitionEx.java:663)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx.start(IgnitionEx.java:589)
        at org.apache.ignite.Ignition.start(Ignition.java:328)

stephendarlington stephendarlington

Re: JDK15 support

The LTS versions are well supported, so Java 8 and 11. I don’t think other versions are well tested.