JDBC thin: support connection pooling in 2.7?

kcheng.mvp kcheng.mvp

JDBC thin: support connection pooling in 2.7?

know that the coming release (2.7) support

JDBC:
* Implemented DataSource interface for thin driver

and there is a jira about the connection pool

it comments as below

W have to support connection pool to JDBC compliance.
At the very least we must test ourselves with well-known pooling providers
(DBCP, c3p0).
This is blocked by IGNITE-6140

and I found https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6140 is fixed for
2.7

not sure I can use jdbc thin drive with  pooling providers (DBCP, c3p0) or
not?

ezhuravlev ezhuravlev

yangjiajun yangjiajun

Re: JDBC thin: support connection pooling in 2.7?

Hello.

We try to use DBCP to support pooling of jdbc thin connection.The problem is
the consistency between nodes has delay.And jdbc thin connection randomly
chooses endpoint to access ignite cluster when there is multi endpoints.When
we use connection pool,we randomly get a connection from the pool.This cause
strange issues.For example,when we do create index operation after create a
table we get an exception "cache doesn't exists".And we are suffering more
critical issues because our application does ddl operations often.The
cluster blocks and nodes  are waiting each other when our application runs
for some time.We have no idea to solve above problem.And now we use single
endpoint reluctantly.

ezhuravlev wrote

> Hi,
>
> This ticket is created for support of internal connection pooling, i.e.
> Ignite's implementation. As for now, you can use external connection
> pooling providers, like DBCP or c3p0. Please let us know if you will have
> any problems with that.
>
> Evgenii
>
> пт, 9 нояб. 2018 г. в 0:42, kcheng.mvp &lt;

> kcheng.mvp@

> &gt;:
>

>> know that the coming release (2.7) support
>>
>> JDBC:
>> * Implemented DataSource interface for thin driver
>>

>> and there is a jira about the connection pool
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6145
>>
>> it comments as below
>>
>> W have to support connection pool to JDBC compliance.
>> At the very least we must test ourselves with well-known pooling
>> providers
>> (DBCP, c3p0).
>> This is blocked by IGNITE-6140
>>
>> and I found https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6140 is fixed
>> for
>> 2.7
>>
>> not sure I can use jdbc thin drive with  pooling providers (DBCP, c3p0)
>> or
>> not?

Re: JDBC thin: support connection pooling in 2.7?

Hello!

> When we use connection pool,we randomly get a connection from the
> pool.This cause strange issues.For example,when we do create index
> operation after create a table we get an exception "cache doesn't exists".

It is a known issue, which you can mitigate by not putting connection to
client nodes in your pool, but only server nodes.