It takes about 10 seconds to starting Gird node

Alex Lee Alex Lee

It takes about 10 seconds to starting Gird node

Dear community.

When I start the new process which use ignite cache, it  takes more than 10 seconds to go to next step as below log

and when I start the process at linux system, it takes more than 1 minutes.

So, Are there any configuration for reducing this delay ?

this is the log for Ignite

[09:57:11,134][INFO][main][IgnitePluginProcessor]   ^-- None
[09:57:11,135][INFO][main][IgnitePluginProcessor]
--> from here
[09:57:11,171][INFO][main][TcpCommunicationSpi] Successfully bound to TCP port [port=47100, locHost=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0]
[09:57:22,097][WARNING][main][NoopCheckpointSpi] Checkpoints are disabled (to enable configure any GridCheckpointSpi implementation)

<-- until here ==> takes about 10 seconds

[09:57:22,133][WARNING][main][GridCollisionManager] Collision resolution is disabled (all jobs will be activated upon arrival).
[09:57:22,137][WARNING][main][NoopSwapSpaceSpi] Swap space is disabled. To enable use FileSwapSpaceSpi.
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: It takes about 10 seconds to starting Gird node

Hi Alex,

As I see from the sources 10 seconds delay can be introduced by a part of the code that tries to resolve local host names to IP addresses. If the resolution works slowly on the machine this can definitely lead to the delay.

To check whether this assumption is correct or not specify a particular network interface Ignite has to bind to using IgniteConfiguration.setLocalHost(...) method. You can start with a loopback setting IgniteConfiguraiton.setLocalHost("127.0.0.1") and then try to check some other real IP.

Let me know if this help.

Alex Lee Alex Lee

Re: It takes about 10 seconds to starting Gird node

Hi, Denis

Thanks for your answer.

I had removed other configurations except Local IP Address.
after that,  the time delay was not exist anymore.

but, if I add other server addresses, the delay occurs.
So, are there any configuration setting to reduce these delay ?

thank you.
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: It takes about 10 seconds to starting Gird node

Hi Alex,

Do you set "other server addresses" in IP form? If you don't please try
to set an IP address instead of a host name.

In general the delay may be caused by your machine networking layer that
converts host names to IP addresses quite long.