Is it possible to use a NFS or other FS as a secondary filesystem?

pgarg pgarg

Is it possible to use a NFS or other FS as a secondary filesystem?

asked by alexandre verri

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss
pgarg pgarg

Re: Is it possible to use a NFS or other FS as a secondary filesystem?

commented by alexandre verri

Obs: I meant other filesystem different than HDFS.

-----
pgarg pgarg

Re: Is it possible to use a NFS or other FS as a secondary filesystem?

commented by alexandre verri

I have seen that it is very easy to implement NFS as a secondady filesystem, we just have to create a class which implements IgfsSecondaryFileSystem and set it in the FileSystemConfiguration.

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss
pgarg pgarg

Re: Is it possible to use a NFS or other FS as a secondary filesystem?

commented by alexey goncharuk

Secondary filesystem for Ignite is pluggable and defined as IgfsSecondaryFileSystem interface. There is no out-of-the-box implementation that delegates to NFS, however you should be able to easily implement it yourself as the interface is pretty straightforward.

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss
pgarg pgarg

Re: Is it possible to use a NFS or other FS as a secondary filesystem?

commented by dmitriy setrakyan

I would also add that if you do implement it, it would be great if you could contribute this code to Apache Ignite, so that the rest of the community could also benefit from it.

-----