Is it possible to disable TcpRestProtocol?

Dave Dave

Is it possible to disable TcpRestProtocol?

Hi,

I've recently started using apache ignite in a project and am looking to put it in to production in the next 4 weeks. Our production environment has tight constraints on port usage, so far following the manuals I have remapped the TcpDiscovery and TcpCommunication to allowed ports but I have noticed that a TcpRestProtocol is being started on port 11211.

I was wondering if this is needed for normal operation and if not can it be disabled?

Apologies if this is answered somewhere else I have been looking but have not been able to find any information on this.

Many Thanks,

Dave
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Is it possible to disable TcpRestProtocol?

Hi Dave,

The port is used to connect to a cluster using REST based protocol implementation.
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/rest-api

It’s used by Visor CMD utility
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/command-line-interface

If you don’t expect to use Visor or this feature in general you can ignore this port leaving it closed. On the other side if you decide to use Visor then you can always change the port number to some other value this way

IgniteConfiguraiton cfg = ….;

ConnectorConfiguration cCfg = ….;

cCfg.setPort(20000);

cfg.setConnectorConfiguration(cCfg);

Denis

> On Jun 6, 2016, at 4:36 PM, Dave <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've recently started using apache ignite in a project and am looking to put
> it in to production in the next 4 weeks. Our production environment has
> tight constraints on port usage, so far following the manuals I have
> remapped the TcpDiscovery and TcpCommunication to allowed ports but I have
> noticed that a TcpRestProtocol is being started on port 11211.
>
> I was wondering if this is needed for normal operation and if not can it be
> disabled?
>
> Apologies if this is answered somewhere else I have been looking but have
> not been able to find any information on this.
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Dave

Dave Dave

Re: Is it possible to disable TcpRestProtocol?

Hi Denis,

Thank you for your response. After looking in to this a bit more I have discovered I can disable this entirely with the following:

                IgniteConfiguration cfg = new IgniteConfiguration();
                cfg.setConnectorConfiguration(null); // disables the tcp rest connector

                // Start Ignite node.
                Ignition.start(cfg);

It is a bit of a hack but it will do for what I need at the moment.

Regards,

Dave