Information regarding Ignite Web Console

12
Sriveena Mattaparthi Sriveena Mattaparthi

Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Hi,

I am interested to know if Ignite Webconsole is opensource as the document says

Ignite can integrate with any relational database (RDBMS) that supports a JDBC driver - Oracle, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and MySQL

Ignite supports automatic RDBMS integration via Ignite Web Console.

Please confirm.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

Denis Mekhanikov Denis Mekhanikov

Re: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Sriveena,

You can find sources of Web Console in the Ignite Git repository: https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/modules/web-console

If you want to run Web Console by yourself, you can use the following Docker image: https://hub.docker.com/r/apacheignite/web-console-standalone/
There is also Web Console, hosted by GridGain, available at https://console.gridgain.com/

Denis

ср, 27 июн. 2018 г. в 10:14, Sriveena Mattaparthi <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

I am interested to know if Ignite Webconsole is opensource as the document says

Ignite can integrate with any relational database (RDBMS) that supports a JDBC driver - Oracle, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and MySQL

Ignite supports automatic RDBMS integration via Ignite Web Console.

Please confirm.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

Sriveena Mattaparthi Sriveena Mattaparthi

RE: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Hi Denis,

Thank you so much for the quick turn around

Could you also confirm if there is a similar integration from ignite to NoSQL database like MongoDB ?

Our requirement also has mongo db changes to be automatically synced up to Ignite?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Sriveena

Denis Mekhanikov Denis Mekhanikov

Re: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Sriveena,

Web Console can generate schema in Ignite based on an existing schema in a relational database.
But you can do it yourself, without use of Web Console.
Web Console only makes it easier to wire-up stuff, i.e. generate required data classes and configuration.

Unfortunately, this feature is not available for NoSQL databases. But you still can configure everything yourself.
You will need to implement a CacheStore, that will load data from your database into Ignite.
Here is documentation on this feature: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/3rd-party-store

Denis

ср, 27 июн. 2018 г. в 12:41, Sriveena Mattaparthi <[hidden email]>:

Hi Denis,

Thank you so much for the quick turn around

Could you also confirm if there is a similar integration from ignite to NoSQL database like MongoDB ?

Our requirement also has mongo db changes to be automatically synced up to Ignite?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Sriveena

Sriveena Mattaparthi Sriveena Mattaparthi

RE: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Thanks Denis for the pointers.

But the case explained in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBtI2Z01kAA -  Using Ignite Web Console for Automatic RDBMS Integration with Apache Ignite - Part 3.

shows that any deletions happening on ignite cache are getting reflected in the mysql database.

Which I thought is ignite feature of autosyncing data to and from RDBMS databases.

Please correct my understanding.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

Denis Mekhanikov Denis Mekhanikov

Re: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Sriveena,

CacheStore extends the CacheWriter interface, which has delete and deleteAll methods, which will be called by Ignite, when you remove entries from Ignite caches.
write and writeAll methods will be called, when you put some data into cache.
It works the same way with MySQL or any other relational DB.
So, CacheStore gives you a possibility to implement synchronization with any external data source. You can do it for MongoDB, if you need.

Denis

ср, 27 июн. 2018 г. в 13:18, Sriveena Mattaparthi <[hidden email]>:

Thanks Denis for the pointers.

But the case explained in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBtI2Z01kAA -  Using Ignite Web Console for Automatic RDBMS Integration with Apache Ignite - Part 3.

shows that any deletions happening on ignite cache are getting reflected in the mysql database.

Which I thought is ignite feature of autosyncing data to and from RDBMS databases.

Please correct my understanding.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

Sriveena Mattaparthi Sriveena Mattaparthi

RE: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Thank you so much for the quicker responses unlike any other forums..I really appreciate that.

One last question Denis, we have plan to load all the mongodb collections to ignite cache and perform complex aggregations and join in memory.

But Unlike any RDBMS data stores we cannot have fixed model objects for each collections as each document in the collection may have its own columns and datatypes.

Could you please suggest, if ignite is the choice for this kind of scenario where same mongo collection have different type of data.

Please note that we have tried using BinaryObject, but we are stuck that ignite doesn’t support querying on the inner binaryobject.( binaryobject inside a binaryobject – sub documents, array inside a mongo document)

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

Denis Mekhanikov Denis Mekhanikov

Re: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Sriveena,

You can have objects of different types in one cache, but querying it will be tricky.
You will have to configure QueryEntities for your data, that will describe, which fields are available for querying.
Querying nested object is also possible, if you configure the query entities properly: https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/schema-and-indexes#section-indexing-nested-objects

So, if you want to run SQL queries over your data, it should have some concrete schema.

Denis

ср, 27 июн. 2018 г. в 14:08, Sriveena Mattaparthi <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Thanks Denis…Will try this and revert to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

Sriveena Mattaparthi Sriveena Mattaparthi

RE: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Hi Denis,

I am trying to use the below code to query the binary object

    IgniteCache<Integer, BinaryObject> cache = start.getOrCreateCache(cfg).withKeepBinary();

    BinaryObjectBuilder builder = start.binary().builder("BinaryTest");

    builder.setField("name", "Test");

    cache.put(1, builder.build());

    QueryCursor<List<?>> query = cache.query(new SqlFieldsQuery("select name from BinaryTest"));

But it is failing in latest 2.5 version saying BinaryTest Table does not exist.

How do we query the binary objects in the above example?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

Denis Mekhanikov Denis Mekhanikov

Re: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Sriveena,

You should configure corresponding query entities to be able to query data in cache.
Annotation driven configuration is also available.

Denis

пт, 29 июн. 2018 г. в 12:43, Sriveena Mattaparthi <[hidden email]>:

Hi Denis,

I am trying to use the below code to query the binary object

    IgniteCache<Integer, BinaryObject> cache = start.getOrCreateCache(cfg).withKeepBinary();

    BinaryObjectBuilder builder = start.binary().builder("BinaryTest");

    builder.setField("name", "Test");

    cache.put(1, builder.build());

    QueryCursor<List<?>> query = cache.query(new SqlFieldsQuery("select name from BinaryTest"));

But it is failing in latest 2.5 version saying BinaryTest Table does not exist.

How do we query the binary objects in the above example?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

Sriveena Mattaparthi Sriveena Mattaparthi

RE: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Thanks Denis…

I understand that the example mentioned in the link is querying on the entity named Person

CacheConfiguration<Long, Person> cacheCfg = new CacheConfiguration<>();

cacheCfg.setName("mycache");

// Setting up query entity.

QueryEntity queryEntity = new QueryEntity();

queryEntity.setKeyType(Long.class.getName());

queryEntity.setValueType(Person.class.getName());

But we are using Binary Objects and we will not have a definite entity unlike Person.

And our exact use case is to perform cross joins on mongo collections.

As we couldn’t perform complex joins using mongo, we are planning to load all the mongo collections to ignite and perform joins inmemory.

The only option to load mongo collections to inmemory is to create binary object. But we are now stuck with the querying part.

Please help.

Regards,

Sriveena

Sriveena Mattaparthi Sriveena Mattaparthi

RE: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Denis,

Have some open questions in ignite

1.       Does all the tables created in ignite gets converted to binary objects internally?

2.       Does all the cache entities like Person gets converted to binary objects internally?

3.       Is using binary objects better than entity cache objects?

4.       Is the a way to deserialize AvroFormat messages from kafka to ignite sink? Examples are available for String and JSON converters.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

Denis Mekhanikov Denis Mekhanikov

Re: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

> Does all the tables created in ignite gets converted to binary objects internally?
Yes, unless you specify a different IgniteConfiguration#marshaller
But if you want to query data with Ignite SQL, only BinaryMarshaller is applicable.

> Does all the cache entities like Person gets converted to binary objects internally?
All entries are serialized with a configured marshaller. It is binary marshaller by default.

> Is using binary objects better than entity cache objects?
Using POJOs is usually more convenient. But BinaryObject lets you operate over objects without having the corresponding POJOs on your class path.
Also by using BinaryObject you skip (de)serialization step, when performing put/get operations, so you may get better performance.

> Is the a way to deserialize AvroFormat messages from kafka to ignite sink? Examples are available for String and JSON converters.
You can deserialize any data, coming from Kafka.
All you need is to implement a proper StreamSingleTupleExtractor

Denis

пн, 2 июл. 2018 г. в 14:03, Sriveena Mattaparthi <[hidden email]>:

Denis,

Have some open questions in ignite

1.       Does all the tables created in ignite gets converted to binary objects internally?

2.       Does all the cache entities like Person gets converted to binary objects internally?

3.       Is using binary objects better than entity cache objects?

4.       Is the a way to deserialize AvroFormat messages from kafka to ignite sink? Examples are available for String and JSON converters.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

Denis Mekhanikov Denis Mekhanikov

Re: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

You should specify QueryEntity.valueType corresponding to the type name, that you use when constructing a binary object.

Please find attached example, that shows how to insert BinaryObjects in a way, that will let you query them from SQL.
I made a named constant PERSON_TYPE_NAME to emphasise, that QueryEntity#valueType should match BinaryObject's type name.

If you want different binary objects with the same name to have different fields, you should disable BinaryConfiguration#compactFooter.
It will let different BinaryObjects with the same name have different schemas.

But all fields, that you want to access from SQL, should be specified in the QueryEntity, so you should think about it in advance.

Denis

BinaryObjectQueryExample.java (2K) Download Attachment
Sriveena Mattaparthi Sriveena Mattaparthi

RE: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Hi Deniz,

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

This clarified so many open questions on going forward with ignite.

Regards,

Sriveena

You should specify QueryEntity.valueType corresponding to the type name, that you use when constructing a binary object.

Please find attached example, that shows how to insert BinaryObjects in a way, that will let you query them from SQL.

I made a named constant PERSON_TYPE_NAME to emphasise, that QueryEntity#valueType should match BinaryObject's type name.

If you want different binary objects with the same name to have different fields, you should disable BinaryConfiguration#compactFooter.

It will let different BinaryObjects with the same name have different schemas.

But all fields, that you want to access from SQL, should be specified in the QueryEntity, so you should think about it in advance.

Denis

пн, 2 июл. 2018 г. в 17:54, Denis Mekhanikov <[hidden email]>:

> Does all the tables created in ignite gets converted to binary objects internally?

Yes, unless you specify a different IgniteConfiguration#marshaller

But if you want to query data with Ignite SQL, only BinaryMarshaller is applicable.

> Does all the cache entities like Person gets converted to binary objects internally?

All entries are serialized with a configured marshaller. It is binary marshaller by default.

> Is using binary objects better than entity cache objects?

Using POJOs is usually more convenient. But BinaryObject lets you operate over objects without having the corresponding POJOs on your class path.

Also by using BinaryObject you skip (de)serialization step, when performing put/get operations, so you may get better performance.

> Is the a way to deserialize AvroFormat messages from kafka to ignite sink? Examples are available for String and JSON converters.

You can deserialize any data, coming from Kafka.

All you need is to implement a proper StreamSingleTupleExtractor

Denis

пн, 2 июл. 2018 г. в 14:03, Sriveena Mattaparthi <[hidden email]>:

Denis,

Have some open questions in ignite

1.       Does all the tables created in ignite gets converted to binary objects internally?

2.       Does all the cache entities like Person gets converted to binary objects internally?

3.       Is using binary objects better than entity cache objects?

4.       Is the a way to deserialize AvroFormat messages from kafka to ignite sink? Examples are available for String and JSON converters.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

Sriveena Mattaparthi Sriveena Mattaparthi

RE: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Hi Denis,

I am trying to test Streaming data with Ignite Kafka Streamer Module.

Cache name :

IKAFKA

Topic messages

{"schema":{"type":"string","optional":false},"payload":"hello world 6"}

{"schema":{"type":"string","optional":false},"payload":"hello world 7"}

Tuple extractor:

kafkaStreamer.setSingleTupleExtractor(msg -> {

return new AbstractMap.SimpleEntry<String, String>(new String(msg.key()),

                new String(msg.message()));

})

But If I say ignite.cache(‘IKAFKA’), cache is empty with no message.

Can you please correct and help?

Please find the code for reference.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

You should specify QueryEntity.valueType corresponding to the type name, that you use when constructing a binary object.

Please find attached example, that shows how to insert BinaryObjects in a way, that will let you query them from SQL.

I made a named constant PERSON_TYPE_NAME to emphasise, that QueryEntity#valueType should match BinaryObject's type name.

If you want different binary objects with the same name to have different fields, you should disable BinaryConfiguration#compactFooter.

It will let different BinaryObjects with the same name have different schemas.

But all fields, that you want to access from SQL, should be specified in the QueryEntity, so you should think about it in advance.

Denis

пн, 2 июл. 2018 г. в 17:54, Denis Mekhanikov <[hidden email]>:

> Does all the tables created in ignite gets converted to binary objects internally?

Yes, unless you specify a different IgniteConfiguration#marshaller

But if you want to query data with Ignite SQL, only BinaryMarshaller is applicable.

> Does all the cache entities like Person gets converted to binary objects internally?

All entries are serialized with a configured marshaller. It is binary marshaller by default.

> Is using binary objects better than entity cache objects?

Using POJOs is usually more convenient. But BinaryObject lets you operate over objects without having the corresponding POJOs on your class path.

Also by using BinaryObject you skip (de)serialization step, when performing put/get operations, so you may get better performance.

> Is the a way to deserialize AvroFormat messages from kafka to ignite sink? Examples are available for String and JSON converters.

You can deserialize any data, coming from Kafka.

All you need is to implement a proper StreamSingleTupleExtractor

Denis

пн, 2 июл. 2018 г. в 14:03, Sriveena Mattaparthi <[hidden email]>:

Denis,

Have some open questions in ignite

1.       Does all the tables created in ignite gets converted to binary objects internally?

2.       Does all the cache entities like Person gets converted to binary objects internally?

3.       Is using binary objects better than entity cache objects?

4.       Is the a way to deserialize AvroFormat messages from kafka to ignite sink? Examples are available for String and JSON converters.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriveena

App.java (2K) Download Attachment
vbm vbm

RE: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Hi

Try to set stmr.autoFlushFrequency(1000) and check whether entries are
coming in cache.

Regards,
Vishwas

Sriveena Mattaparthi Sriveena Mattaparthi

RE: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Hi,

I have tried it. But ignite.cache("IKAFKA").size() is still zero.
Also can you please suggest how to access the cache for the explained values on topic and extractor implementation.

Thanks & Regards,
Sriveena

Sent from: https://apac01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7CSriveena.Mattaparthi%40ekaplus.com%7Ce42792c97ff64f6866c608d5e19e010c%7C2a5b4e9716be4be4b2d40f3fcb3d373c%7C1%7C1%7C636662991109100707&sdata=B91M8SoCV2DTLevgqJzEFEL0%2Bb9uU5oP1mVj8I0Pxjk%3D&reserved=0
Denis Mekhanikov Denis Mekhanikov

Re: Information regarding Ignite Web Console

Sriveena,

First of all, you look at the cache right after you started the streamer.
No entries are inserted by the moment you check if something is there.

And second – you print IgniteCache object into console. How do you check, if anything's there by this information?
Use IgniteCache#size() method, for example, to check its size.

To make sure, that the streamer is doing something, put some logging into to tuple extractor, for example.

Denis