Increase transaction throughput with nodes.

amitpa amitpa

Increase transaction throughput with nodes.

This post was updated on .
Hi I want some basic ideas.

In ignite with mostly insert heavy work load, does adding nodes increase transaction throughput or decrease it?

Assuming that the caches are PARTIONED with Primary Sync.
I believe one of the important distinctions between ignite and RDBMS should be that Ignite should scale horizantally, whereas RDBMS for the most parts scales vertically.

Any tips on scaling out ignite transaction performance?
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Increase transaction throughput with nodes.

Hi,

Your understanding is correct. The overall throughput should grow if you scale horizontally.

However in case of distributed transactions many factors can be a reason of why the performance doesn't grow significantly:
- the same locks are held by multiple pessimistic transactions;
- CacheConfiguration.setMaxConcurrentAsyncOperations is reached;
- transactions are mostly executed on a subset of nodes;
- etc.

In general also you may want to use optimistic transactions that work faster in some cases.
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.6/docs/transactions#optimistic-transactions

amitpa amitpa

Re: Increase transaction throughput with nodes.

This post was updated on .
Danis,

CacheConfiguration.setMaxConcurrentAsyncOperations :- Is it set per cache or in Ignite-Config on Node startup? I saw the defeault is 500, is it recommended that we use more in case we havent reached our CPU limit?
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Increase transaction throughput with nodes.

Per cache.

Denis

> On Jun 8, 2016, at 7:42 AM, amitpa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Danis,
>
> CacheConfiguration.setMaxConcurrentAsyncOperations :- Is it set per cache or
> in Ignite-Config on Node startup?

amitpa amitpa

Re: Increase transaction throughput with nodes.

Should we change it to a value higher than 500 , if cpu limit is not present?
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Increase transaction throughput with nodes.

Give it a try to see the difference.

Denis