IgniteMXBean registration error

alonsodomin alonsodomin

IgniteMXBean registration error

Hi there,

I wanted to evaluate Ignite to compare it to other datagrids and decided to start up using it embedded in a very simple application that would be bootstrapped by Spring Boot.

The problem comes that right in the moment that I try to start it I get following exception:

"Method org.apache.ignite.mxbean.IgniteMXBean.getUserAttributesFormatted has parameter or return type that cannot be translated into an open type"

Looking at the code, the IgniteMXBean class declares the "getUserAttributesFormatted" method as a "java.util.Collection", which doesn't seem to be supported by the DefaultMXBeanFactory.

It seems like a very weird error as one would expect this to be already tested/supported. Probably is due to the fact that I need to configure a custom "MXBeanFactory"?

Sorry for the newbie question but since Ignite seems to provide Spring integration, Spring Boot seemed to me the fastest and easiest way to get started.
alexey.goncharuk alexey.goncharuk

Re: IgniteMXBean registration error

What version of Java are you using?
alonsodomin alonsodomin

Re: IgniteMXBean registration error

Hi,

I'm using Oracle's Java 8 version on an Ubuntu box. This is the output for the "java -version" command:

java version "1.8.0_45"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)

yakov yakov

Re: IgniteMXBean registration error

Works for me with:

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0-b132 Oracle Corporation Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.0-b70

Can you please retest on the same VM?