[IgniteKernal%ServerNode] Exception during start processors, node will be stopped and close connections java.lang.NullPointerException: null......cache.GridCacheUtils.affinityNode

siva siva

[IgniteKernal%ServerNode] Exception during start processors, node will be stopped and close connections java.lang.NullPointerException: null......cache.GridCacheUtils.affinityNode

Hi,
I have .Net Core(2.2.6) Ignite Client And Server Application. Now I am using
Apache Ignite Nightly build(apache-ignite-2.8.0-SNAPSHOT-bin)(taken master
code, build and added Apache.Ignite core.dll into my Application Project)
because due Application in production every time server on the start/stop
cache data.

Once I started Server and client and loaded data after stopped when starting
the server with existing disk data getting the following error in the log.

So I am Not able to start Server with disk data.

here the issue but it already closed and  Resolved
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10451>  .

GitHub <https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/5919>

Configuration File
---------------------
server-config.xml
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1379/server-config.xml>

here is the log file
--------------------
ignite.log
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1379/ignite.log>

So whether this issue still there or not, whether I can use or not still I
have to wait for the release or any other way. Any configuration I need to
configure to Start Server with existing data.

please give suggestion to me.

Thanks.

akurbanov akurbanov

Re: [IgniteKernal%ServerNode] Exception during start processors, node will be stopped and close connections java.lang.NullPointerException: null......cache.GridCacheUtils.affinityNode

Hi siva,

It's not completely clear, could you provide a bit more details into this?

Things that are needed to be clarified listed below if the closed ticket is still reproducible:
-- On which Ignite version persisted data was saved on disk?
-- Do I correctly understand the use-case: start server and client (on some version? which one?), load data and restart server.
-- What are the specifics of custom affinity?
-- Are you using cache stores?

The primary goal is actually to understand whether this is a reproducer to a fixed bug or some other issue.

JP JP

Re: [IgniteKernal%ServerNode] Exception during start processors, node will be stopped and close connections java.lang.NullPointerException: null......cache.GridCacheUtils.affinityNode

Things that are needed to be clarified listed below if the closed ticket is still reproducible:
-- On which Ignite version persisted data was saved on disk?
     With 2.8 nightly build version
-- Do I correctly understand the use-case: start server and client (on some version? which one?), load data and restart server.
  -- 2.8 nightly build version

-- What are the specifics of custom affinity?
    no affinity
-- Are you using cache stores?
       yes

We are in production environment.. to solve the above issue we trying to run in nightly version .

siva siva

Re: [IgniteKernal%ServerNode] Exception during start processors, node will be stopped and close connections java.lang.NullPointerException: null......cache.GridCacheUtils.affinityNode

could you provide some suggestion on above issue.
1.whether this issue is fixed or still need to wait for next release?
2.Or Any other alternative solution for the above issue?

Thanks.

Alexandr Shapkin Alexandr Shapkin

RE: [IgniteKernal%ServerNode] Exception during start processors, nodewill be stopped and close connections java.lang.NullPointerException:null......cache.GridCacheUtils.affinityNode

Hi,

As far as I can see, [1] is included into 2.8 nightly build and most likely will be included into next minor release.

Please, clarify, following questions:

  1. What is the point of using 2.8 nightly build, since it could be unstable for now?
  2. What was the original issue you’ve been trying to solve for now?

[1] and logs from your initial post looks quite different. So I’m wondering why do you think they are the same?

Is the original issue (Null Pointer exception) still reproducible for latest stable release (2.7.5)?

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10451

Alex Shapkin
siva siva

Re: [IgniteKernal%ServerNode] Exception during start processors, node will be stopped and close connections java.lang.NullPointerException: null......cache.GridCacheUtils.affinityNode

Thanks for reply.

1.whenever server is restarting, we are doing data load into ignite cache.So
i though might be it will be there in nightly release(disk data load into
ignite cache on server restart) and somehow if i'm able to run nightly
version,so that i will no need to load data on server restart.

2.When restarting  Server and  disk persist data is there, getting the
NullPointerException.

Thanks

siva siva

Re: [IgniteKernal%ServerNode] Exception during start processors, node will be stopped and close connections java.lang.NullPointerException: null......cache.GridCacheUtils.affinityNode

Currently I am using 2.7.5 version, due to this issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10451 whenever restarting
server we were loading into ignite from database.
I fix this issue, I am testing same scenario with 2.8 nightly build version.
but while restarting server I am facing null NullPointerException
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1379/ignite.log

Any suggestion how to fix this null pointer exception?

Alexandr Shapkin Alexandr Shapkin

RE: [IgniteKernal%ServerNode] Exception during start processors, nodewill be stopped and close connections java.lang.NullPointerException:null......cache.GridCacheUtils.affinityNode

Hello,

So, you have fixed IGNITE-10451 for 2.7.5 and now you are good with that?

I see that IGNITE-10451 is included into next Apache Ignite release.

Not necessary 2.8, since community may decide to release some minor update, just like 2.7.5.

2.8 requires pre-release stabilization process and may contain some bugs.

I would not recommend to use this version in your production env.

In any case, could you create a simple reproducer, please?

We can fire a Jira ticket and community will check it prior to 2.8 release.

Alex Shapkin
siva siva

Re: [IgniteKernal%ServerNode] Exception during start processors, node will be stopped and close connections java.lang.NullPointerException: null......cache.GridCacheUtils.affinityNode

sorry, there is a typo mistake. I mean to tell,
 To fix this issue instead of I fix this issue..
To fix this issue, I am testing same scenario with 2.8 nightly build
version. but while restarting server I am facing null NullPointerException.

Alexandr Shapkin Alexandr Shapkin

RE: [IgniteKernal%ServerNode] Exception during start processors, nodewill be stopped and close connections java.lang.NullPointerException:null......cache.GridCacheUtils.affinityNode

Hi, Siva

I have no idea whether you have subscribed to dev list or not, but there is an active discussion regarding 2.7.6 release and estimated dates.

http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Apache-Ignite-2-7-6-Time-Scope-and-Release-manager-td42944.html

Note, that original issue is included into the scope.

Alexandr