IgniteCluster.startNodes() cannot start local node

pgarg pgarg

IgniteCluster.startNodes() cannot start local node

asked by jason qian

I have a test client to test starting 2 nodes, one in 1st PC, another in a remote PC (2nd PC). All the PCs are all linux. I have one ini file with correct host, uname, passed, igniteHome, cfg, script and nodes for both local PC and remote PC. The test client runs in 1st PC which seems success. But I find the 1st PC does not start a node, while the 2nd PC starts a node. I try multiple times and get same result. If I run the test client in a 3rd PC, it can start node in both 1st and 2nd PCs successfully.

Need help.

Thanks.

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss
Artem Shutak Artem Shutak

Re: IgniteCluster.startNodes() cannot start local node

Hi, Jason,

Can you, provide, please, (content of) next files:
- your ini file (without actual username and password);
- your configuration file;
- code how do you call startNodes() and logs from the starter node;
- logs of started nodes;

How to get logs of started nodes:
- see at the log (full log) of the starter node
- find lines like
Starting remote node with SSH command: nohup "/<home_dir>/incubator-ignite/bin/ignite.sh" -v "start-nodes.xml" -J-DIGNITE_SSH_HOST= -J-DIGNITE_SSH_USER_NAME= > ignite-startNodes/05-12-2015--19-15-53-2cb0c99f.log 2>& 1 &

- and look at ignite-startNodes/05-12-2015--19-15-53-2cb0c99f.log (for example).

In additional, what do you mean when say "a test client"? What does "client" mean here? Is it about Ignition.setClientMode(true) or about something else? I think your code example would be very helpful here.