Ignite web console not running in browser

gkiran292 gkiran292

Ignite web console not running in browser

Hi, I have installed all the pre requisites needed for web-console
I ran "npm start" in the backend folder and "npm run dev" in frontend folder.

It ran without giving any errors but still I am not able to see it in the browser

http://<host>:9000

I haven't changed any default ports.
Is there anything extra I need to do?

uploaded frontend and backend logsFrontendAndBackend.zip
Alexey Kuznetsov Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: Ignite web console not running in browser

Hi!

Did you try exactly: http://localhost:9000/ ?
gkiran292 gkiran292

Re: Ignite web console not running in browser

I tried http://<hostip>:9000
I opened all the required ports too..
Still I am not able to access in browser

On Jun 14, 2017 6:31 PM, "Alexey Kuznetsov [via Apache Ignite Users]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

Did you try exactly: http://localhost:9000/ ?

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Ignite-web-console-not-running-in-browser-tp13701p13702.html
To unsubscribe from Ignite web console not running in browser, click here.
NAML
gkiran292 gkiran292

Re: Ignite web console not running in browser

I tried http://localhost:9000 from that machine.
It worked ..!!!
But when I try curl http://<hostip>:9000 from the same machine I am not getting response.
Andrey Novikov Andrey Novikov

Re: Ignite web console not running in browser

Hi,

In Ignite 1.9, Ignite 2.0 developer web server bind only on localhost interface. This was fixed in master where developer web server bind for all interfaces.

As temporary workaround you can try to replace localhost with your ip in https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/1.9.0/modules/web-console/frontend/gulpfile.babel.js/tasks/bundle.js for Ignite 1.9 or set environment variable HOST for Ignite 2.0 https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/ignite-2.0/modules/web-console/frontend/gulpfile.babel.js/webpack/environments/development.js
gkiran292 gkiran292

Re: Ignite web console not running in browser

Thanks, it worked.

I am running npm run dev when I dug deep into it is watching files if there are changes and building it if there are any changes.
This would consume quite amount of memory and cpu.
Could you please guide me on how to run this in production?

I ran npm run build.
I get build folder, but when I start the backend using npm start it is not picking up build.
Could you please help me ?
Andrey Novikov Andrey Novikov

Re: Ignite web console not running in browser

You need use web server for deliver web pages and proxying requests to backend service.

Added documentation for Apache HTTP Server: https://apacheignite-tools.readme.io/docs/build-and-deploy#section-run-ignite-web-console-in-production-mode