Ignite test takes several days

Cong Guo-2 Cong Guo-2

Ignite test takes several days

Hi,

I try to build the ignite-core on my workstation. I use the original ignite-2.8.1 source package. The test, specifically GridCacheWriteBehindStoreLoadTest, has been running for several days. Is it normal? I run "mvn clean package" directly. Should I configure anything in advance? Thank you.
ezhuravlev ezhuravlev

Re: Ignite test takes several days

Hi,

No, it's not normal. Do you really want to run all the tests locally, or you just want to build the project? If you want just to build it, I suggest skipping tests by using -Dmaven.test.skip=true flag.

Evgenii

Cong Guo-2 Cong Guo-2

ezhuravlev ezhuravlev

I try to build the ignite-core on my workstation. I use the original ignite-2.8.1 source package. The test, specifically GridCacheWriteBehindStoreLoadTest, has been running for several days. Is it normal? I run "mvn clean package" directly. Should I configure anything in advance? Thank you.

Re: Ignite test takes several days

You should never try to run all Ignite tests. They are not supposed to be run in that way. You should always build with -DskipTests.

If you really want to run Ignite tests, you should run this test suite against your PR: https://ci.ignite.apache.org/buildConfiguration/IgniteTests24Java8_RunAll#all-projects
This is the only meaningful way.
Then you can use MTCGA to check your test results: https://mtcga.gridgain.com/

Obviously, you need to create account in Apache Ignite CI.

чт, 27 авг. 2020 г. в 16:33, Cong Guo <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

I try to build the ignite-core on my workstation. I use the original ignite-2.8.1 source package. The test, specifically GridCacheWriteBehindStoreLoadTest, has been running for several days. Is it normal? I run "mvn clean package" directly. Should I configure anything in advance? Thank you.
Petr Ivanov Petr Ivanov

Cong Guo-2 Cong Guo-2

Petr Ivanov Petr Ivanov

Re: Ignite test takes several days

All components are tied.

Create PR with your patch and run this build [1] using your patch number as branch in Changes tab.

[1] https://ci.ignite.apache.org/buildConfiguration/IgniteTests24Java8_RunAll?mode=builds