Ignite running on JDK10?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
KJQ KJQ
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ignite running on JDK10?

We are currently integrating Apache Ignite v2.6.0 into our platform.  We
upgraded to JDK9 just to make sure we were compliant and then upgraded to
JDK10 try and preemptively catch anything planned for removal.

I can run Ignite great in test cases but when I go to startup a SpringBoot 2
application that depends on the module which brings in the Ignite
dependencies it gives me this error when initializing Ignite:

*Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.GridUnsafe cannot access class
jdk.internal.misc.SharedSecrets (in module java.base) because module
java.base does not export jdk.internal.misc to unnamed module*

I know JDK10 is not supported yet but is there some temporary quick hack or
fix I can apply to get past this?

I've already tried adding this to Maven to see if it helps but it did not:

<arg>--add-exports=java.base/jdk.internal.misc=ALL-UNNAMED</arg>
<arg>--add-exports=java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED</arg>
<arg>--add-exports=java.management/com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver=ALL-UNNAMED</arg>
<arg>--add-exports=jdk.internal.jvmstat/sun.jvmstat.monitor=ALL-UNNAMED</arg>
<arg>--add-modules=java.xml.bind</arg>

BTW: I posted this same message earlier but I dont know if I was subscribed
yet so apologies if it appears twice.



-----
KJQ
--
Sent from: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/
KJQ
KJQ KJQ
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

As a note, I downgraded all of the Docker containers to use JDK 9 (9.0.4) and
I still get the same problem running the SpringBoot 2 application.  Running
in my IDE a test case works perfectly fine.

*Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: jdk.internal.misc.JavaNioAccess
class is unavailable.*

*Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.GridUnsafe cannot access class
jdk.internal.misc.SharedSecrets (in module java.base) because module
java.base does not export jdk.internal.misc to unnamed module @78a89eea*



-----
KJQ
--
Sent from: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/
KJQ
KJQ KJQ
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ignite running on JDK10? (Maybe Solved)

Added the exports to the SpringBoot plugin seem to work for me in addition to
having them in my compiler and surefire plugins...it at least starts up
Ignite and I see the Ignite banner.

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
    <artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <configuration>
        <jvmArguments>
            --add-exports=java.base/jdk.internal.misc=ALL-UNNAMED
            --add-exports=java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED
        </jvmArguments>
    </configuration>
</plugin>



-----
KJQ
--
Sent from: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/
KJQ
dmagda dmagda
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ignite running on JDK10? (Maybe Solved)

JDK 10/11 is planned to be supported in the nearest time. Stay tuned.

--
Denis

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 8:47 AM KJQ <[hidden email]> wrote:
Added the exports to the SpringBoot plugin seem to work for me in addition to
having them in my compiler and surefire plugins...it at least starts up
Ignite and I see the Ignite banner.

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
    <artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <configuration>
        <jvmArguments>
            --add-exports=java.base/jdk.internal.misc=ALL-UNNAMED
            --add-exports=java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED
        </jvmArguments>
    </configuration>
</plugin>



-----
KJQ
--
Sent from: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/
dmagda dmagda
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

In reply to this post by KJQ
Please keep using JDK 8 for now. JDK 9/10/11 is planned to be fully supported in the nearest time.

--
Denis

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:31 AM KJQ <[hidden email]> wrote:
As a note, I downgraded all of the Docker containers to use JDK 9 (9.0.4) and
I still get the same problem running the SpringBoot 2 application.  Running
in my IDE a test case works perfectly fine.

*Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: jdk.internal.misc.JavaNioAccess
class is unavailable.*

*Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.GridUnsafe cannot access class
jdk.internal.misc.SharedSecrets (in module java.base) because module
java.base does not export jdk.internal.misc to unnamed module @78a89eea*



-----
KJQ
--
Sent from: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/
dsetrakyan dsetrakyan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

In reply to this post by KJQ
I believe JDK9 is supported, but you need to add certain JVM parameters.

Vladimir, can you comment?

D.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018, 07:31 KJQ <[hidden email]> wrote:
As a note, I downgraded all of the Docker containers to use JDK 9 (9.0.4) and
I still get the same problem running the SpringBoot 2 application.  Running
in my IDE a test case works perfectly fine.

*Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: jdk.internal.misc.JavaNioAccess
class is unavailable.*

*Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.GridUnsafe cannot access class
jdk.internal.misc.SharedSecrets (in module java.base) because module
java.base does not export jdk.internal.misc to unnamed module @78a89eea*



-----
KJQ
--
Sent from: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/
KJQ KJQ
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

I am able to get it running in JDK 10 and so far have not seen any issues with the functionality I need to use currently.  This is still early/experimental but since we are already on the JDK9, then JDK10 bandwagon it was important to see if it would even work in our platform.

@Dmitriy, i added the same exports required for JDK9 to get it working on JDK10.

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 9:48 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I believe JDK9 is supported, but you need to add certain JVM parameters.

Vladimir, can you comment?

D.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018, 07:31 KJQ <[hidden email]> wrote:
As a note, I downgraded all of the Docker containers to use JDK 9 (9.0.4) and
I still get the same problem running the SpringBoot 2 application.  Running
in my IDE a test case works perfectly fine.

*Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: jdk.internal.misc.JavaNioAccess
class is unavailable.*

*Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.GridUnsafe cannot access class
jdk.internal.misc.SharedSecrets (in module java.base) because module
java.base does not export jdk.internal.misc to unnamed module @78a89eea*



-----
KJQ
--
Sent from: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/



--

KimJohn Quinn
[hidden email]

Logicdrop
22620 Woodward Avenue - Suite D 
Ferndale, MI 48220
O 888.229.2817
M 248.882.0728
www.logicdrop.com

KJQ
Vladimir Ozerov Vladimir Ozerov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

In reply to this post by KJQ
HI,

Please try adding add these flags to JVM startup arguments.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 5:31 PM KJQ <[hidden email]> wrote:
As a note, I downgraded all of the Docker containers to use JDK 9 (9.0.4) and
I still get the same problem running the SpringBoot 2 application.  Running
in my IDE a test case works perfectly fine.

*Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: jdk.internal.misc.JavaNioAccess
class is unavailable.*

*Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.GridUnsafe cannot access class
jdk.internal.misc.SharedSecrets (in module java.base) because module
java.base does not export jdk.internal.misc to unnamed module @78a89eea*



-----
KJQ
--
Sent from: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/
lukaszbyjos lukaszbyjos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

Any update for this? JDK11 is GA



--
Sent from: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/
Maxim.Pudov Maxim.Pudov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8441 is still open. However, fix
version is 2.7, which is coming soon.



--
Sent from: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/
Petr Ivanov Petr Ivanov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

It’s an umbrella ticket, see tickets below. Once more or less stable support will be introduced, I will resolve this ticket.


> On 2 Oct 2018, at 18:55, Maxim.Pudov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8441 is still open. However, fix
> version is 2.7, which is coming soon.
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/