Ignite on GCP / GKE

Stéphane Gayet Stéphane Gayet

Ignite on GCP / GKE

Hi All,

Does someone have any experience about hosting Ignite on Google GCP / GKE ? I read the documentation on Kubernetes deployment on google cloud, but if someone can share its experience on:
  • performances
  • persistance,
  • cost,
  • ...

Thanks

 Stéphane Gayet
 Responsable Développement / Development Manager
(+33) 1 70 38 70 74 +33 6 00 00 00 00
[hidden email]
25 Rue de Ponthieu Bâtiment C 75008 Paris
Vols, Hôtels, Séjours,... Et c'est pas fini !
misterfly.com | misterflypro.com | iziwifi.com

Maxim.Pudov Maxim.Pudov

Re: Ignite on GCP / GKE

Hi Stephane,

Since Ignite is basically just a java process, it's as reliable as any other
java application. You should probably set workDirectory, wal and storage to
a mounted disk in Ignite config if you use persistent data regions and want
your data to survive pod restarts. Those mounted disks are slower than bare
metal, but the difference is not that big.
As far as I know Google Cloud provides a free trial period, so you could try
it.

Stéphane Gayet Stéphane Gayet