Ignite is getting down with TTL, sudden increase in thread count

chandandash chandandash

Ignite is getting down with TTL, sudden increase in thread count

Hi,
Would like to report an issue I’m facing while using TTL in one Ignite cache
out of the cache group.
The ignite is getting down if I’m I’m running my application back to back
for twice/thrice just like a LT.

Below are the statistics I’ve collected and used for my investigation.
Ignite is able to serve my application without TTL but the moment I’m adding
TTL the ignite is getting shut down so frequently.
Below are the configuration used in local machine and Dev machine, the logs
are also attached.
Would like to know what is the correct configuration for below M/C.

Dev(Linux):
Ignite: 2.7.0
Ram: 32 GB
Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 16

Local(Window):
Ignite: 2.7.0 & 2.7.6
Ram- 32 GB
Processor- Core i7
OS- 64 bit Window
CPU: 12
JVM params:
"JVM_OPTS": "     -XX:+AggressiveOpts     -Xms1g -Xmx1g -server
-XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=256m -Xdebug -Xnoagent
-Djava.compiler=NONE
-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005
-DIGNITE_QUIET=false -XX:+UseG1GC -Xss16m"

config snippet:
custom-ignite-config.custom-ignite-config
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2634/custom-ignite-config.custom-ignite-config>

Thread/Memory: during processing 1 or 2 request
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2634/Ignite_during_read_write_for_1_or_2_request.png>
Thread/Memory: during ignite down as thread overhead and slow processing
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2634/Ignite_down_as_LT_for_1Min_request.png>

hs_err_pid29395.log
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2634/hs_err_pid29395.log>

Re: Ignite is getting down with TTL, sudden increase in thread count

Hello!

Do I understand correctly that the main issue is that node is failing?

Please check https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10873, hence, upgrade to 2.7.6.

Otherwise, please provide thread dumps from nodes at the moment when you see slowdown. JFR would not hurt either.