Ignite faster with startup order

amitpa amitpa

Ignite faster with startup order

Hi,

I have an application which embeds a Apache Ignite instance in a TCP server.
I have another process which starts another ignite instance.

All clients request to the TCP server, which starts an Ignite Transactions does some inserts.

I have observed a peculiar thing, when I start the TCP process first, then the Ignite main the application is 80% faster to do the puts.

The other way round, makes the application 80% slower?

Why is this so?
Alexei Scherbakov Alexei Scherbakov

Re: Ignite faster with startup order

Hi

Already answered to you in gitter.

You should profile the application to understand the source of slowdown.

I doubt it's Inite related.

I have an application which embeds a Apache Ignite instance in a TCP server.
I have another process which starts another ignite instance.

All clients request to the TCP server, which starts an Ignite Transactions
does some inserts.

I have observed a peculiar thing, when I start the TCP process first, then
the Ignite main the application is 80% faster to do the puts.

The other way round, makes the application 80% slower?

Why is this so?

Best regards,
Alexei Scherbakov
amitpa amitpa

Re: Ignite faster with startup order

Alexei yes... Still doing so, though yet to understand why it happens :)