Ignite documentation error regarding RAM usage

Loredana Radulescu Ivanoff Loredana Radulescu Ivanoff

Ignite documentation error regarding RAM usage

Hello,

Following this bug fix - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7824, I think the documentation needs to be updated too, right? It still mentions 20% RAM, and it should be 80%.

This is the documentation I'm referring to:

Artem Budnikov Artem Budnikov

Re: Ignite documentation error regarding RAM usage

Hi,

The information on the page you referenced is correct. The default max
size of the default data region is either 20% of RAM or 256MB, whichever
is larger. The log message changed in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7824 refers to something else.

Perhaps, someone from the community could explain what it is exactly
that should be more than 80%. Anyone?

--

Artem