Ignite SQL table ALTER COLUMN and RENAME COLUMN

favas favas

Ignite SQL table ALTER COLUMN and RENAME COLUMN

Hi,

Is there a way in ignite to ALTER the column to change the data type/nullable property and also RENAME of column?

I saw in ignite documentation that it will add in upcoming releases. Which release it is planning for?

Regards,

Favas

Denis Mekhanikov Denis Mekhanikov

Re: Ignite SQL table ALTER COLUMN and RENAME COLUMN

Favas,

It’s possible to remove a column and add another one using ALTER COMAND SQL statement, but currently you can't change a column’s type.
Note, that removing a column and adding another one with the same name but with a different type can lead to data corruption.