Ignite.Net exception on Ignition.Start

SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Ignite.Net exception on Ignition.Start

Hi All,

I am getting this error when Ignition.Start method is called. Exception message says - JNI_CreateJavaVM failed: VersionError.

I don't have any log file for this or pleas kelet me know where to get log file.
Please help me on this issue.

Regards,
Sudhir

--
Thanks & Regards,
Sudhir Patil,
+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

+91 9881095647.
Alexandr Shapkin Alexandr Shapkin

RE: Ignite.Net exception on Ignition.Start

Hello!

Please, check that you are using the right JDK version (8+).

The proper version is set for JAVA_HOME, and you do not use the JvmDllPath configuration.

Is it possible that you have multiple Java installations?

Alex Shapkin
Evgeniy Rudenko Evgeniy Rudenko

Evgeniy
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net exception on Ignition.Start

Update : Even with below environment variable  values still same error is received.

I did checked on java_home environment variable and it is set properly to c:/program files/java/jdk1.7.xxX/bin/server
Also path variable do have value for java viz. C:/program files/java//jdk1.7.xxx/bin
C:/program files/java//jdk1.7.xxx/jre/bin/server

+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

+91 9881095647.

Evgeniy
ptupitsyn ptupitsyn

Re: Ignite.Net exception on Ignition.Start

  >  jdk1.7
Please install Java 8 or newer

> This is windows environment variable. You can point it to any directory you want.
Evgeniy, IGNITE_HOME is not required for Ignite.NET, most users do not use it.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:26 PM Evgeniy Rudenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is windows environment variable. You can point it to any directory you want.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:21 PM Sudhir Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Evginy. What is Ignite_home directory?

Regards,
Sudhir

On Monday, October 21, 2019, Evgeniy Rudenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
Logs can be found in your ${IGNITE_HOME}\work\log directory.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:58 PM Alexandr Shapkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello!

Please, check that you are using the right JDK version (8+).

The proper version is set for JAVA_HOME, and you do not use the JvmDllPath configuration.

Is it possible that you have multiple Java installations?

Evgeniy
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net exception on Ignition.Start

Pavel, Thanks. :)

- for jdk version = Ok we have 1.8 also installed but java_home and path variables are set to folder path of 1.7. What is interesting is that with this setup it is working fine on one machine but same does not work for other machine. What is missing here?

- for log files for ignite.net = where can we get detailed logs from ignite side in this case then?? This would be really helpful in such situation... Please help on this point.

+91 9881095647.
ptupitsyn ptupitsyn

Re: Ignite.Net exception on Ignition.Start

> What is interesting is that with this setup it is working fine on one machine but same does not work for other machine. What is missing here?

Ignite.NET detects Java installation on Windows by checking JAVA_HOME env var and then the following registry keys:
- Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment
- Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment

Depending on the way that you install Java, presence of those things may vary.

> for log files for ignite.net = where can we get detailed logs from ignite side in this case then
For this case there are no logs by default. JNI_CreateJavaVM happens very early, and logging system is not fully initialized at this point.
You can still enable debug logging by adding the following code:

Ignition.Start(new IgniteConfiguration { Logger = new ConsoleLogger() });
internal class ConsoleLogger : ILogger
{
    public void Log(LogLevel level, string message, object[] args, IFormatProvider formatProvider, string category,
        string nativeErrorInfo, Exception ex)
    {
        var text = args == null ? message : string.Format(formatProvider, message, args);

        Console.WriteLine(text);
    }

    public bool IsEnabled(LogLevel level)
    {
        return true;

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:35 PM Sudhir Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Pavel, Thanks. :)

- for jdk version = Ok we have 1.8 also installed but java_home and path variables are set to folder path of 1.7. What is interesting is that with this setup it is working fine on one machine but same does not work for other machine. What is missing here?

- for log files for ignite.net = where can we get detailed logs from ignite side in this case then?? This would be really helpful in such situation... Please help on this point.

On Monday, October 21, 2019, Pavel Tupitsyn <[hidden email]> wrote:
  >  jdk1.7
Please install Java 8 or newer

> This is windows environment variable. You can point it to any directory you want.
Evgeniy, IGNITE_HOME is not required for Ignite.NET, most users do not use it.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:26 PM Evgeniy Rudenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is windows environment variable. You can point it to any directory you want.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:21 PM Sudhir Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Evginy. What is Ignite_home directory?

Regards,
Sudhir

On Monday, October 21, 2019, Evgeniy Rudenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
Logs can be found in your ${IGNITE_HOME}\work\log directory.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:58 PM Alexandr Shapkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello!

Please, check that you are using the right JDK version (8+).

The proper version is set for JAVA_HOME, and you do not use the JvmDllPath configuration.

Is it possible that you have multiple Java installations?

+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net exception on Ignition.Start

Pavel, Thanks for insights.

1st point - sure I will check out those keys over different machine. That check on java is looks simple and clean in ignite. :)

2nd point - i will add this logging & try it out. Is this THE way to enable logging of ignite.net internals like different log statement ignite shows on console when ingition.start is called (this i saw in dev machine / in visual studio) + any exceptions like this one we r discussing etc.....

Regards,
Sudhir

> [...]

Evgeniy, IGNITE_HOME is not required for Ignite.NET, most users do not use it.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:26 PM Evgeniy Rudenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is windows environment variable. You can point it to any directory you want.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:21 PM Sudhir Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Evginy. What is Ignite_home directory?

Regards,
Sudhir

On Monday, October 21, 2019, Evgeniy Rudenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
Logs can be found in your ${IGNITE_HOME}\work\log directory.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:58 PM Alexandr Shapkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello!

Please, check that you are using the right JDK version (8+).

The proper version is set for JAVA_HOME, and you do not use the JvmDllPath configuration.

Is it possible that you have multiple Java installations?

+91 9881095647.
ptupitsyn ptupitsyn

Re: Ignite.Net exception on Ignition.Start

THE way to configure Ignite.NET logging is to use NLog/log4net integrations and their corresponding configuration mechanisms.
Please see the docs:

The piece of code above was just easier to explain :)

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 4:27 PM Sudhir Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

Evgeniy, IGNITE_HOME is not required for Ignite.NET, most users do not use it.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:26 PM Evgeniy Rudenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is windows environment variable. You can point it to any directory you want.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:21 PM Sudhir Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Evginy. What is Ignite_home directory?

Regards,
Sudhir

On Monday, October 21, 2019, Evgeniy Rudenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
Logs can be found in your ${IGNITE_HOME}\work\log directory.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:58 PM Alexandr Shapkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello!

Please, check that you are using the right JDK version (8+).

The proper version is set for JAVA_HOME, and you do not use the JvmDllPath configuration.

Is it possible that you have multiple Java installations?

+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net exception on Ignition.Start

Pavel, Thanks again.
I will look into NLog integrations.

> [...]

Evgeniy, IGNITE_HOME is not required for Ignite.NET, most users do not use it.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:26 PM Evgeniy Rudenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is windows environment variable. You can point it to any directory you want.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:21 PM Sudhir Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Evginy. What is Ignite_home directory?

Regards,
Sudhir

On Monday, October 21, 2019, Evgeniy Rudenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
Logs can be found in your ${IGNITE_HOME}\work\log directory.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:58 PM Alexandr Shapkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello!

Please, check that you are using the right JDK version (8+).

The proper version is set for JAVA_HOME, and you do not use the JvmDllPath configuration.

Is it possible that you have multiple Java installations?

+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net exception on Ignition.Start

All,

Installation of JDK 1.8 solved all issues. Thanks Pavel.

Regards,
Sudhir