Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Hi All,

I have started 2 nodes -
1) Server node - using Ignition.Start. On Server node cache is created with ReadThrough = true with CacheStoreFactory value set to property implementation.

2) Client one - using Ignition.Start (for client with Ignition.ClientMode = true).

With this when i do 1st GetCache call, on same cache from client mode, hoping it will do a readthrough operation connecting db & filling the data in cache, i am setting terrorist as could not create .Net CacheStore.

Can you please help me on this?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Sudhir Patil,
+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

I am extremely sorry for typing mistakes.

Here is correct details

Hi All,

I have started 2 nodes -
1) Server node - using Ignition.Start. On Server node cache is created with ReadThrough = true with CacheStoreFactory value set to property implementation.

2) Client one - using Ignition.Start (for client with Ignition.ClientMode = true).

With this when i do 1st GetCache call for same cache from client mode, hoping it will do a readthrough operation connecting db & filling the data in cache, i am getting error as - could not create .Net CacheStore.

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019, Sudhir Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have started 2 nodes -
1) Server node - using Ignition.Start. On Server node cache is created with ReadThrough = true with CacheStoreFactory value set to property implementation.

2) Client one - using Ignition.Start (for client with Ignition.ClientMode = true).

With this when i do 1st GetCache call, on same cache from client mode, hoping it will do a readthrough operation connecting db & filling the data in cache, i am setting terrorist as could not create .Net CacheStore.

Can you please help me on this?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Sudhir Patil,
+91 9881095647.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Sudhir Patil,
+91 9881095647.
Alexandr Shapkin Alexandr Shapkin

RE: Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Sudhir,

What exception are you getting?

Can you share a full stacktrace/code snippet?

Most likely you have an issue with the underlying DB configuration.

You could have a look at Pavel’s examples for 3rd party persistence:

https://github.com/ptupitsyn/ignite-net-examples

Alex Shapkin
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Alexandr,

Thanks for details.

I can not share snippet now but I will try to type it later...:(

I am getting cacheexception with message as -
could not create .Net CacheStore.

From ignite samples i rendered same sample code e.g. AspNetCachestore one. This works when used with thin client but when I use it with normal ignite node with ClientMode =true, it is throwing above exception with that message when I call GetCache function call from client node for a key from cache created in server node.

Are there any samples for ReadThrough operation done from normal ignite client node?

Regards,
Sudhir

+91 9881095647.
Alexandr Shapkin Alexandr Shapkin

RE: Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Sudhir,

> Are there any samples for ReadThrough operation done from normal ignite client node?

I tried the AspNetCachestore example with two nodes and it worked well for me.

> I can not share snippet now but I will try to type it later...:(

That’s ok. Feel free to add details whenever you get ready.

Alex Shapkin
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Alexandr,

Ok. But what is type of those 2 nodes ???

+91 9881095647.
Alexandr Shapkin Alexandr Shapkin

RE: Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

I configured 1 server node with :

Name = "cars",

CacheStoreFactory = new AdoNetCacheStoreFactory(),

KeepBinaryInStore = true,

ReadThrough = true,

WriteThrough = true

The second one with ClientMode = true just accesses the cache by its name and performs all operations.

Alex Shapkin
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Alexandr,

Can you share the code u used + configuration ?

I am not able to send snippets as  i have to type in and can't send those from my work.

+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Hi All,

I am really struggling with this exception / error message.

I am using same configurations on client & server node but still it is giving same error / exception - could not create .Net CacheStore.

Can someone please help / provide what is issue here??

Regards,
Sudhir

+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Hi All,

Server node is started & cache is created with configuration like
var cacheCfg = new CacheConfiguration
                {
                    Name = "cars",
                    CacheStoreFactory = new AdoNetCacheStoreFactory(),
                    KeepBinaryInStore = true,
                    ReadThrough = true,
                    WriteThrough = true
                };

                ICache<int, IBinaryObject> cars = ignite.GetOrCreateCache<int, object>(cacheCfg).WithKeepBinary<int, IBinaryObject>();

Now another node with clientmode = true is started and when I access same cache like
ICache<int, IBinaryObject> carsFromCache = igniteClient.GetCache<int, object>().WithKeepBinary<int, IBinaryObject>();
This line is throwing IgniteException with message - could not create .Net cachestore

Question is - while accessing cache like above from client node do I also need to pass cachestore configuration like below

var cacheCfg = new CacheConfiguration
                {
                    Name = "cars",
                    CacheStoreFactory = new AdoNetCacheStoreFactory(),
                    KeepBinaryInStore = true,
                    ReadThrough = true,
                    WriteThrough = true
                };
ICache<int, IBinaryObject> carsFromCache = igniteClient.GetCache<int, object>(cacheCfg).WithKeepBinary<int, IBinaryObject>();

Regards,
Sudhir

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019, Sudhir Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I am really struggling with this exception / error message.

I am using same configurations on client & server node but still it is giving same error / exception - could not create .Net CacheStore.

Can someone please help / provide what is issue here??

Regards,
Sudhir

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019, Sudhir Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Alexandr,

Can you share the code u used + configuration ?

I am not able to send snippets as  i have to type in and can't send those from my work.

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019, Alexandr Shapkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

I configured 1 server node with :

Name = "cars",

CacheStoreFactory = new AdoNetCacheStoreFactory(),

KeepBinaryInStore = true,

ReadThrough = true,

WriteThrough = true

The second one with ClientMode = true just accesses the cache by its name and performs all operations.

Ok. But what is type of those 2 nodes ???

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019, Alexandr Shapkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sudhir,

> Are there any samples for ReadThrough operation done from normal ignite client node?

I tried the AspNetCachestore example with two nodes and it worked well for me.

> I can not share snippet now but I will try to type it later...:(

That’s ok. Feel free to add details whenever you get ready.

+91 9881095647.
Mikael Mikael

Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Hi!

The client should not have to pass any cache configuration, once the cache is created in the server, you should just be able to get the cache, I do not see any reason that should not work but I have never used .NET so it is possible there is some hickup there that I am not seeing.

You do not have any other Ignite servers running on the same subnet or something ? verify that the client connect to the correct server (sounds silly but I managed to mess up a number of times ;).

Is it just that cache ? could you create another cache as simple as possible (no cache store) and see if it will find that one ?

It sounds like it cannot create the actual cache store but in that case I would think you would get the exception in the server and not the client, is there any more useful information from the exception ?

Mikael

+91 9881095647.
Alexandr Shapkin Alexandr Shapkin

RE: Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Sudhir,

Can you share a stacktrace?

It’s difficult to locate the problem without the details.

According to source code, the exception is thrown when .NET side is unable to create a CacheStore instance.

Since you have configured a factory, please, check that it returns a correct instance and the class is present for required nodes.

Alex Shapkin
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Alexandr,

Unfortunately I don't have stacktrace because of work restrictions but I will try to send by typing.

Yes class is present for cachestore on server node.

Regards,
Sudhir

On Thursday, November 14, 2019, Alexandr Shapkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sudhir,

Can you share a stacktrace?

It’s difficult to locate the problem without the details.

According to source code, the exception is thrown when .NET side is unable to create a CacheStore instance.

Since you have configured a factory, please, check that it returns a correct instance and the class is present for required nodes.

Ok. But what is type of those 2 nodes ???

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019, Alexandr Shapkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sudhir,

> Are there any samples for ReadThrough operation done from normal ignite client node?

I tried the AspNetCachestore example with two nodes and it worked well for me.

> I can not share snippet now but I will try to type it later...:(

That’s ok. Feel free to add details whenever you get ready.

+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Mikael,

The client should not have to pass any cache configuration, once the cache is created in the server, you should just be able to get the cache

Yes exactly this is my understanding also.
What I am trying is call get operation on a key in cache for 1st time from client node as per my requirements. i.e. server node don't have that key yet. Is this possible or correct??? I think yes because it worked without any issues when I used thin client instead of normal client node.

Server & client node communication works fine (i.e. client retrieves key value stored from cache etc) without cachestore enabled on server. But it throws that exception when cachestore is enabled.

+91 9881095647.
Alexandr Shapkin Alexandr Shapkin

RE: Re: Ignite.Net Read through approach - error : could not create .Net cachestore

Sudhir,

If I configure a cacheStore for a clientNode, then using 2.7.6 it becomes initialized twice, for both server and a client.

Whereas I checked the same scenario against the master-branch and only a single cache store had created.

Also, I have found the IGNITE-1903 that may fix the issue for the master.

> What I am trying is call get operation on a key in cache for 1st time from client node as per my requirements. i.e. server node don't >have that key yet. Is this possible or correct??? I think yes because it worked without any issues when I used thin client instead of >normal client node.

All cache query operations are routed to the server. Local cacheStore could be required for some transactional scenarios as well as for near caching. So, I would suggest you configure a cacheStore only for server nodes.