Ignite Configuration file modify

kay kay

Ignite Configuration file modify

Hello,
Is there a way to modify the configuration file after Ignite Node starts?
Should I use FTP directly to create a page to modify configuration file?

I know I can add cache in ignite run time but after restart, There is not
exist cache add in runtime.
So I need to find a way modify configuration file..

Thank you so much

Mikael-2 Mikael-2

Re: Ignite Configuration file modify

Hi!

No, you need to restart Ignite if you change xml configuration as far as
I know.

But you can add caches after Ignite is started without any problems,
both from code and from SQL, is there any reason you cannot use one of
these methods ?

Den 2020-06-30 kl. 10:47, skrev kay:

> Hello,
> Is there a way to modify the configuration file after Ignite Node starts?
> Should I use FTP directly to create a page to modify configuration file?
>
> I know I can add cache in ignite run time but after restart, There is not
> exist cache add in runtime.
> So I need to find a way modify configuration file..
>
> Thank you so much

kay kay

Re: Ignite Configuration file modify

Hello :)

Because If I add cache by code, the cache disappears when the node is
restarted
so I want to modify the configuration file directly.

Thank you!

Mikael-2 Mikael-2

Re: Ignite Configuration file modify

Ok, well modifying the configuration might not be a good solution, what
if you have multiple nodes and the configurations files no longer match,
I guess you could create a service that runs on all nodes and have that
updating the XML configuration files when you add caches, there is no
need to "reload" the configuration while Ignite is running as you create
the caches manually from code AND update the XML configuration, and on a
restart the caches will be in the modified configuration.

Any chance you could enable persistence on the system cache ? that would
keep your created caches on restart.

The reason you cannot reload configuration while running is that many
settings cannot be changed on a running instance, page size, off heap
memory region sizes and so on.