Ignite Cache Metrics

Megha Mittal Megha Mittal

Ignite Cache Metrics

Hi, I am trying to access Ignite-2.0.0 cache metrics. I have loaded one cache into my cluster of 2 nodes with 1 backup (onHeapEnabled=false)

At an instant of time I am getting below ignite cache size using :

itemCache.size(CachePeekMode.OFFHEAP) = 2645679
itemCache.size(CachePeekMode.PRIMARY) = 2645679
itemCache.size(CachePeekMode.BACKUP) = 2635802
itemCache.metrics().getOffHeapPrimaryEntriesCount() = 2638451

Why is there a difference in above numbers. In my understanding primary and backup count should be same and same as that of all the entries in cache . Also count fetched using cache.size and cache.metrics should give same numbers.

Also can someone tell me how can I get off heap memory used .
When I do itemCache.metrics().getOffHeapAllocatedSize() , I get '0' always. Is there some other metric available to fetch off heap memory metrics.
ezhuravlev ezhuravlev

Re: Ignite Cache Metrics

Hi,

Are you sure that your cache was not accessed in the same time by another nodes/threads? Are you sure that rebalance was finished?

Could you share some simple reproducer with us?

I've tried to reproduce same behavior, but  OFFHEAP, PRIMARY & BACKUP was equal to each other. Also, right after streaming of data metrics().getOffHeapPrimaryEntriesCount() was a little bit smaller than these sizes, but in a short time it became equal to them too.

Here are other memory metrics: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-and-cache-metrics

Evgenii
Megha Mittal Megha Mittal

Re: Ignite Cache Metrics

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It's quite possible that rebalancing might be taking place which led to this difference. As after some time I got matching numbers.

But I am still not clear why is metrics().getOffHeapAllocatedSize() = 0 .
Dmitry Pavlov Dmitry Pavlov

Re: Ignite Cache Metrics

Hi Megha,

Please note there was improvement added about this metric

Best Regards,
Dmitry Pavlov

чт, 15 июн. 2017 г. в 12:34, Megha Mittal <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It's quite possible that rebalancing might be taking
place which led to this difference. As after some time I got matching
numbers.

But I am still not clear why is metrics().getOffHeapAllocatedSize() = 0 .

Megha Mittal Megha Mittal

Re: Ignite Cache Metrics

Hi,

Thanks for raising the jira. Looking forward to its resolution.