How to use Eviction Policy

rexer rexer

How to use Eviction Policy

Hello, everyone!
I read this article:
Data Grid and paragraph about FIFO eviction policy. But I can't understand - what happens after that size of cache grow more than maxSize? It will evicted? in other words - deleted?
Can i override this behavior? For example, i want evicting members to the file.

Re: How to use Eviction Policy

Hi rexer,

rexer wrote
Hello, everyone!
I read this article:
Data Grid and paragraph about FIFO eviction policy. But I can't understand - what happens after that size of cache grow more than maxSize? It will evicted? in other words - deleted?
Can i override this behavior? For example, i want evicting members to the file.
Yes, by default that's what will happen. You can enable swap space for the cache (set CacheConfiguration.setSwapEnabled(true)) and evicted entries will be written to the local file system instead.

Also if you have a persistence storage [1] configured, you should not worry about entries being evicted. The will be reloaded back from the store on demand.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/persistent-store

-Val