How to terminate long running transactions in 2.4.0?

rc rc

How to terminate long running transactions in 2.4.0?

Cluster details: 3 servers, 4 clients.

Ignite version: 2.4.0

Number of caches: 4

I am observing a lot of "Found long running transactions/cache futures" with
state=ROLLED_BACK for transactions on a particular cache which is causing
failure to start PME when any server node is booted. It looks like
txnTimeout was not set for transactions started on this particular cache.
Added the txnTimeout which will not cause any further "long running
transactions" but how do I eliminate the currently "long running
transactions" ? Reboot of client instances did not remove these
transactions.

1) Is there a way to terminate these transactions?

2) If I delete the particular cache will these transactions be terminated?

Thanks!

rc rc

Re: How to terminate long running transactions in 2.4.0?

Hi Ilya,

Thanks for responding. Killing the originator nodes did not terminate the
transactions. I would like understand more about the VM-level deadlock. How
does one go about determining that?

Thanks,
rc

Re: How to terminate long running transactions in 2.4.0?

Hello!

VM-level deadlock is a deadlock on synchronized blocks in Java.

It's hard to say what happens in your case. Do you have a reproducer for this behavior?