How to restrict the "Get" operation in local node

ght230 ght230

How to restrict the "Get" operation in local node

I have created an Ignite cluster including several nodes with "Replication" mode.
I found the latency of "Get" operation is relatively slow.
I suspected that this operation is not processed at the local node.
I want to how to restrict the "Get" operation in local node, but not through the network to other nodes.
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: How to restrict the "Get" operation in local node

Hi,

If a cache is replicated then 'get' always returns a value from the local node. The only reason when 'get' can go to a remote if the local value is not yet there by some reason - cache rebalancing or replication is in progress.

How your configuration looks like? Do you perform 'put' operations while 'gets' are being executed?
Do you warmap VM before doing the benchmark?

In fact you can start a single node with replicated cache and do the check.

BTW, here you can find public benchmarking results for Ignite [1]

[1] https://ignite.apache.org/benchmarks/ignite-vs-hazelcast.html
ght230 ght230

Re: How to restrict the "Get" operation in local node

when I only created one Ignite node, I found the latency of "Get" operation is about 0.01ms.

But when I do "Get" operation in a Ignite cluster including 35 nodes with "replication" mode, the latency is about 2ms.

I want to know whether it is normal that With the increasing of node, "Get" operation latency become longer.

Re: How to restrict the "Get" operation in local node

Hi,

As Denis mentioned, replicated cache can try to get the value from a remote node only if it's not available locally. I think that's what is happening when you start more than one node. Do you have any data in cache? If yes, are you getting the same keys that were loaded into the cache?

It would be helpful if you share your test with us. This way we will be able to check if you're doing everything correctly.

-Val
ght230 ght230

Re: How to restrict the "Get" operation in local node

Today I found a bug in jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2526, It looks very similar to my problem. What do you think?

I have another question. I have tried to set "setReadFromBackup" to false, but it seems never be used in source code.

Re: How to restrict the "Get" operation in local node

You're right, going to the primary node is not required in case there is no persistence store or eviction policies configured. This was already fixed in scope of [1], the fix will be available in the next Ignite release.

In the meantime you can download binary build provided by GridGain [2]. This one already includes the fix.

[2] http://www.gridgain.com/media/gridgain-community-fabric-1.5.5.zip

-Val
ght230 ght230

Re: How to restrict the "Get" operation in local node

Thank you for your reply.

BTW, do you know when version 1.5.5 will be released?
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: How to restrict the "Get" operation in local node

The next Ignite version that will be released is 1.6.

To my knowledge there is no any concrete release date negotiated by
community members.

In any case if it's critical for you it's always possible to assemble
binaries on your own.

On 2/2/2016 10:13 AM, ght230 wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> BTW, do you know when version 1.5.5 will be released?

ght230 ght230

Re: How to restrict the "Get" operation in local node

I got it. Thank you!