How to get the version of an Entry

Romain Gilles Romain Gilles

How to get the version of an Entry

Hi all,
I the process to migrate from gridgain 6 to 7. I would like to know if there is a way to get the version of an entry.
In gridgain 6 from entry GridCacheEntry you can call the version() to get the version of the entry. Is there any equivalent way to do it in gridgain 7?

Regards,

Romain
yakov yakov

Re: How to get the version of an Entry

Romain,

Can you please explain the use case a bit. Version has always been a private class and user access to it is not a common scenario.

As you noticed, CacheEntry in JCache is very simple and does not carry any additional information/functionality, so we removed ability to get version as well.

--Yakov

dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Re: How to get the version of an Entry

As you noticed, CacheEntry in JCache is very simple and does not carry any additional information/functionality, so we removed ability to get version as well.

Additionally, CacheEntry is being returned by iterators and distributed queries (e.g. SqlQuery or ScanQuery), so passing additional version object inside it will be less efficient.

dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Re: How to get the version of an Entry

Jira to provide access to the versioned entry can be tracked here: