How to dump thread stacks in Ignite docker container

Justin Ji Justin Ji

How to dump thread stacks in Ignite docker container

Hi Igniters -

I tried to dump the thread stacks, but I don't know how to dump the

thread stacks from a docker container since it only contains a simplified

JRE, does not have JSTACK tools, and I also googled a lot of information but

found that there is no suitable method.

Павлухин Иван Павлухин Иван

Re: How to dump thread stacks in Ignite docker container

Hi Justin,

One way you can do it:
1. Access to standard output of a default process started in an Ignite
container.
2. Find pid of a java process in the container (run ps in the container).
3. Run "kill -3 ${java_pid}" in the container.
4. Observe a thread dump in the container output (mentioned in 1).

пт, 11 янв. 2019 г. в 11:52, Justin Ji <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Igniters -
>
> I tried to dump the thread stacks, but I don't know how to dump the
>
> thread stacks from a docker container since it only contains a simplified
>
> JRE, does not have JSTACK tools, and I also googled a lot of information but
>
> found that there is no suitable method.

Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin