How to disable replication over multicast for development nodes?

AndrewV AndrewV

How to disable replication over multicast for development nodes?

Hi there! I have a problem with the development environment. If more than one
developer run project in the same local network nodes starts to replicate
between each other. Could you tell me how to disable multicast replication?
Thanks!

ibelyakov ibelyakov

Re: How to disable replication over multicast for development nodes?

Hi.

To disable multicast, you need to change "ipFinder" in "discoverySpi"
configuration to "TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder" and specify the list of node's
addresses.

Check the link below for the configuration example:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/tcpip-discovery#section-static-ip-finder

Regards,
Igor

AndrewV AndrewV

Re: How to disable replication over multicast for development nodes?

Thank you. So, in the case of single-development node mode, I should add just
local node IP?
<property name="addresses">
   <list>
      <value>127.0.0.1</value>
   </list>
</property>

ibelyakov ibelyakov

Re: How to disable replication over multicast for development nodes?

Yes, you're right.

If you wish to use specific port just add it to the value:
<value>127.0.0.1:47500</value>

or ports range, in case you're going to use multiple nodes in the cluster:
<value>127.0.0.1:47500..47509</value>

Regards,
Igor