How to connect/monitor ignite server through jmx client

pragmaticbigdata pragmaticbigdata

How to connect/monitor ignite server through jmx client

I am using apache ignite 1.6 in my tests. I am running the test by programmatically starting ignite through Ignition.start(conf.xml). Other nodes that join the cluster are started using the ./ignite.sh <path-to-conf.xml> command.
I tried starting the server node by passing the jmx configuration parameters in the command line but didn't succeed.

How do I start ignite with jmx properties both when running programmatically and through command so that I can monitor the cluster through jconsole/jmc/jvisualvm?

Thanks!
Denis Magda Denis Magda

pragmaticbigdata pragmaticbigdata

Re: How to connect/monitor ignite server through jmx client

Hi Denis,

Setting an environment variable worked out when starting ignite from command line on a linux machine but when I set the environment variable on my windows desktop and start ignite programmatically, it doesn't work.

What are the alternatives?
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: How to connect/monitor ignite server through jmx client

How do you set this variable on the windows machine? What does “echo %IGNITE_JMX_PORT%" return?

If you set in the windows registry then don’t forget to restart your command line terminal.

Denis

> On Jun 6, 2016, at 3:09 PM, pragmaticbigdata <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Denis,
>
> Setting an environment variable worked out when starting ignite from command
> line on a linux machine but when I set the environment variable on my
> windows desktop and start ignite programmatically, it doesn't work.
>
> What are the alternatives?

pragmaticbigdata pragmaticbigdata

Re: How to connect/monitor ignite server through jmx client

echo %IGNITE_JMX_PORT% gives the port that I have set. I haven't set it through the registry. I have set it from the UI (Advanced Settings -> Environment Variables -> Add).
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: How to connect/monitor ignite server through jmx client

Start the node with “-v” flag like this “ignite.bat -v" and share the logs.

Denis

> On Jun 6, 2016, at 3:18 PM, pragmaticbigdata <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> echo %IGNITE_JMX_PORT% gives the port that I have set. I haven't set it
> through the registry. I have set it from the UI (Advanced Settings ->
> Environment Variables -> Add).

pragmaticbigdata pragmaticbigdata

Re: How to connect/monitor ignite server through jmx client

How do you start ignite in verbose mode programmatically? I am starting ignite with Ignition.start("conf.xml");
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: How to connect/monitor ignite server through jmx client

Got you, if you start the node this way (programmatically) then IGNITE_JMX_PORT won’t work regardless of the operating system kind.

You need to pass the following system parameters to your Java process (that calls Ignition.start)
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port={preferred_port}
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false

Denis

On Jun 6, 2016, at 3:25 PM, pragmaticbigdata <[hidden email]> wrote:

How do you start ignite in verbose mode programmatically? I am starting
ignite with Ignition.start("conf.xml");

pragmaticbigdata pragmaticbigdata

Re: How to connect/monitor ignite server through jmx client

Great. Works now. Thanks!