How does a cache behave in LOCAL mode ?

userx userx

How does a cache behave in LOCAL mode ?

Hi team,

I went through the documentation available at
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cache-modes#section-local-mode to
understand what does the LOCAL mode mean.

I have a following scenario.

1) There are 5 Ignite data grid servers. I1, I2, I3, I4, I5. The machines
are M1, M2, M3, M4, M5.
2) There are 20 clients (C1 to C20) writing data to the same cache (say name
"CACHE1") in the LOCAL MODE. They are running on M1 to M5. So there are four
java clients on one machine.
3) Say C1 writes CACHE1.put("1", "1"). There are no back ups in the
configuration so its just the primary node clients are writing to.
4) Can C5 which is running on M2 query CACHE.get("1") and get "1" ?

Since this is the most light weight configuration, I am trying this
configuration (the assumption is that all the  Ignite servers are running)

userx userx

Re: How does a cache behave in LOCAL mode ?

hi team,

Any comments on the same ?

userx userx

Re: How does a cache behave in LOCAL mode ?

Hi team,

Any comments on the same ? Not able to get the correct picture from
documentation.

Re: How does a cache behave in LOCAL mode ?

Hello!

LOCAL caches are local to a node, you are not expected to see its values from any other nodes.

Please consider avoiding use of LOCAL caches since they see very low level of use or testing, considered for dropping in future releases.

вт, 14 янв. 2020 г. в 12:37, userx <[hidden email]>:
Hi team,

Any comments on the same ? Not able to get the correct picture from
documentation.

userx userx

Re: How does a cache behave in LOCAL mode ?