How does Ignite provides load balancing?

Alejandro Santos Alejandro Santos

How does Ignite provides load balancing?

Hi all,

I've been reading the Ignite documentation and have some technical
questions. I need to evaluate massive storage systems for some
specific application and I would like to understand how ignite works.

My application needs a buffering space that write arbitrary values,
but then reads on average half of the values at most once. This is a
random process, and we can't really predict which keys will be read.

Is ignite the right tool for this application? Do you need more information?

Thank you,

Alejandro Santos
Denis Magda-2 Denis Magda-2

Re: How does Ignite provides load balancing?

Hi,

In general, the load is balanced because the data is distributed evenly across a cluster of machines. For instance, if you utilize key-value calls then each request goes to a specific node. If you're on SQL then a query might be broadcasted or sent to a specific node as well.

Overall, yes, Ignite is the right solution if you need to scale and accelerate performance.

Alejandro Santos
Alejandro Santos Alejandro Santos

Re: How does Ignite provides load balancing?

Dear Denis,

How does Ignite provides load balancing between nodes?

Is it hash-based?
Is it dynamically allocated?
Is it something else?

Thanks,

Alejandro Santos

Re: How does Ignite provides load balancing?

Hello!

It will use Rendezvous hashing of keys:

Alejandro Santos
Alejandro Santos Alejandro Santos

Re: How does Ignite provides load balancing?

Dear Ilya,
This is exacly what I was looking for!
I can't find much documentation about it in ignite docs, only posts in
mailing list.
Is there any paper that studies this for Ignite?
Thanks
Alejandro

Alejandro Santos

Re: How does Ignite provides load balancing?

Hello!

Note that Ignite does Rendezvous on per data partition basis and not on per key basis.

--
Alejandro Santos