How do we know how much off-heap ram is used?

javadevmtl javadevmtl

How do we know how much off-heap ram is used?

So I'm putting key/values into the cache I have off-heap configured etc... Seems to be working fine, but how do we know how much off-heap ram is used?

Also what happens one we exhaust all the off-heap ram?

Re: How do we know how much off-heap ram is used?

This information is available via CacheMetrics object that can be acquired from IgniteCache.metrics() method. You're looking for CacheMetrics.getOffHeapAllocatedSize() value.

Additionally all metrics are exposed as MX beans - see CacheMetricsMXBean. You can use any tool like VisualVM for monitoring.

-Val
javadevmtl javadevmtl

Re: How do we know how much off-heap ram is used?

Thanks it works...

Does the off-heap information size also include secondary index from our model.

So if we have a model with fields such as...

@QuerySqlField(index = true)
String someField;

Re: How do we know how much off-heap ram is used?

Hm, I looked at the code and seems to me that memory allocated for indexes is not taken into account. This looks wrong and I created a ticket to fix this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1244

-Val
javadevmtl javadevmtl

Re: How do we know how much off-heap ram is used?

Thanks