How do i expose a cluster singleton service through REST

josephine.barboza josephine.barboza

How do i expose a cluster singleton service through REST

I'm running certain processes in every node. I want to control the lifecycle of these processes as well as all the nodes in a cluster or group of clusters through UI. Presently i'm thinking of creating a cluster singleton and node singletons where the cluster singleton will direct the node singletons in order to control the processes on it. I am also thinking of exposing the cluster singleton APIs through REST so that the UI can use them to communicate with the cluster singleton.
I have two questions
1. Does this seem like a good approach?
2. How do i expose my cluster singleton to REST?

TIA, for your inputs.
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: How do i expose a cluster singleton service through REST

Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the user list (this way we will not have to manually approve your emails). All you need to do is send an email to ì user-subscribe@ignite.apache.orgî and follow simple instructions in the reply.

Actually you have several options here.

1) Use Ignite Services Grid API [1] deploying a node singleton on all the cluster nodes that has to be controlled. In order to connect to the cluster and execute your services API methods your UI can use a client node connection [2] underneath.

2) Again use client node as a gateway to connect from your UI to the cluster and use Ignite Compute Grid [3] sending particular tasks to the cluster where every task will perform some operation on every node (start process A, kill process A, etc.)

Finally, if you need basic management of your cluster or basic statistics then I would recommend to use GridGain Web Console [4] for that.

Hope this helps.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.6/docs/service-grid
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers
[3] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/compute-grid
[4] https://ignite.apache.org/addons.html#web-console

---------------------

Hi,

TIA, for your inputs.
josephine.barboza josephine.barboza

Re: How do i expose a cluster singleton service through REST

This post was updated on .
Hi Denis,

Thanks for the quick reply. Editing the post to add some more details. We do not want to bring up a separate node for the UI specifically.  We would prefer to have the UI communicating with ignite nodes using REST. Also w.r.t your 2nd point, the processes running on each node will be different. The requests we wish to send would be like start process A on node A or kill process B on node B.
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: How do i expose a cluster singleton service through REST

Hi,

You can refer to this example that showcase how to start and use devices

Denis

On Jun 20, 2016, at 12:19 PM, josephine.barboza <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the quick reply. The UI cannot be on the client node. We want it
to be separate project from our ignite cluster. How do i expose my node
singleton services then?