High number of Exception Unexpected response ID with setTimeout

AravindJP AravindJP

High number of Exception Unexpected response ID with setTimeout

We are seeing high number of exceptions after setting setTimeout() in ClientConfiguration
any idea what's the reason for this ?

Exception: Unexpected response ID [3630521808404506928], [5259] was expected
at org.apache.ignite.internal.client.thin.TcpClientChannel.receive(TcpClientChannel.java:160)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.client.thin.ReliableChannel.service(ReliableChannel.java:126)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.client.thin.TcpClientCache.getAll(TcpClientCache.java:165)
We set timeout as mentioned below
ClientConfiguration cfg = new ClientConfiguration().setAddresses(IP:PORT);
cfg.setTimeout(50);
IgniteClient ignite = Ignition.startClient(cfg);

stephendarlington stephendarlington

AravindJP AravindJP

Re: High number of Exception Unexpected response ID with setTimeout

Thank you stepan for your reply , problem is the parent thread calling ignite
cache get has a timeout of 120 ms , hence we allow a max of 100 ms for every
cache read . We are seeing that during non peak time , 80% of cache read is
< 20 ms only . But during peak load application is crashing with some
threads going beyond 400 to 500 ms . That's the reason why we had to limit
timeout to 50 . But why such an exception occurs ? Why such an exception
occurs from Ignite side ?

aealexsandrov aealexsandrov

Re: High number of Exception Unexpected response ID with setTimeout

Hi,

It will be great to take a look at full logs that contain these errors.

BR,
Andrei